Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey Fellow Crackberry addicts! You may want to check out this link. It's a news ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bill-lindley no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: T-mobile 8820

Advertisement

Hey Fellow Crackberry addicts! You may want to check out this link. It's a news article on the 8820 on MSNBC...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19817811/from/ET/

I really hope T-Mobile picks this up soon. It would seem like a good fit with the new "Hotspot @ Home" service they are offering. It has GPRS - WIFI calling capabilities, Built-in GPS, but no camera. Hey, I have a great camera anyway.

Bill
    Last edited by bill-lindley; 07-18-2007 at 12:25 AM.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by bill-lindley
    Built-in GPS, but no camera. Hey, I have a great camera anyway.
    That's the whole point of the 88xx line. The 81xx's and 83xx's are the camera-equipped lines.

jaydabee no está en línea Stack level 3

GPS is much more needed than a camara. WiFi would be sweet to have as well. What a lot of people don't yet realize is that WiFi is going to be used in the newer cars to communicate with your phones. It's a lot easier and clearer than Bluetooth and makes multi channel audio and vidio exchange much faster.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

the 8800 also has that line in the blackberry.alx file if you havent also noticed.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by jaydabee
    GPS is much more needed than a camara..
    That really depends on an individual's needs/wants. In any case 88xx's will not have cameras.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Yeah sounds good. You're right no camera.
    I,m going to keep waiting for 2nd gen pearl

wasntxme no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2408fbdc

Curve is the 2nd Gen Pearl. Everyone hated the SureType system so they abandoned it.
    8800 w/GPS for Business users, Curve w/camera for the rest of you...

WiFi/8820 will be obsolete 6 months after it comes out and all WiFi will be long forgotten once the carriers go 3G. Should take them less than a year from now (i.e. 2008). Europe has been on 3G for ages.

4G technology is already available but US companies are refusing to offer it because we would all be downloading illegal movies in minutes and the DSL/Cable providers would lose a fortune.

We must continue to plod along so US companies can continue to be profitable... How else is AT&T's chairman going to get $150 million dollar severance package ?

Gotta go for now.. my 25kbps EDGE just finally downloaded Googles homepage.
    Last edited by wasntxme; 07-28-2007 at 07:56 PM.

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the only major US carriers that's not 3G yet are GSM carriers. Verizon and Sprint has been 3G for a while now.

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by wasntxme
    Curve is the 2nd Gen Pearl. Everyone hated the SureType system so they abandoned it.
    8800 w/GPS for Business users, Curve w/camera for the rest of you...

WiFi/8820 will be obsolete 6 months after it comes out and all WiFi will be long forgotten once the carriers go 3G. Should take them less than a year from now (i.e. 2008). Europe has been on 3G for ages.

4G technology is already available but US companies are refusing to offer it because we would all be downloading illegal movies in minutes and the DSL/Cable providers would lose a fortune.

We must continue to plod along so US companies can continue to be profitable... How else is AT&T's chairman going to get $150 million dollar severance package ?

Gotta go for now.. my 25kbps EDGE just finally downloaded Googles homepage.

Wow, you seem to really NOT know what the heck you are talking about...
    Where to start...
    Curve is not the 2nd gen Pearl. Plenty of people love the pearl, form factor, sure type, etc, and there are at least 2 designs in the works for 2nd gen pearls, with release of the second gen coming soon (within 3-6 months). Curve is a diffent animal entirely.

Wifi obsolete in 6 months, long forgotten? Crap, this is hilarious. Berrys are using a, b, and g wireless protocols. G max speed is rated at 108Mbps, so no, its not going away soon. Even though that is also the max you can do on your PC home wireless network, its not really about speed; its to let you talk via VOIP, likely saving you precious minutes of your air time. That's what the new 8820/8320 releases are aiming at.

Also it seems you need a lesson on 2.5G/3G/ and 4G.
    2.5G speeds (includes GPRS, EDGE, and HSCSD) range from 171.2 Kbps to 384 Kbps.
    3G speeds range from 2Mbps to 3.072 depending on the protocol (ex UMTS, EV-DO, EV-DV).

Now, you say 4G is available, and evil companies are hiding it away. You're freaking hilarious, okay you're not really funny, however you are a clown. 4G is expected to hit late 2009, 2010 but likely won't be seen in the US till 2012-2015. Speed will be 300 Mbps, quite speedy. First tests are being completed now, but they are very, very limited. DoCoMo, HP, & Microsoft, and a few others are the key technology leaders at this point.

Oh, and while on the rant, I am not in favor of those monster bonus's, but then again I am not running a $240 billion dollar company. In those terms, its just a drop in the bucket.
    Next time you post, try to know what the heck you are talking about - plenty of people read the forums and its supposed to be a repository of useful information. Not the garbage like your post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12