Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

I just talked to T-Mobile trying to get an upgrade to the new 8800. The ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

  1. #1
    Nels's Avatar
    Nels no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29

    T-Mobile 8800 Oversold

    Advertisement



    I just talked to T-Mobile trying to get an upgrade to the new 8800. The rep said the demand was so high for the new model that it has been removed from the site. She said it won't be offered for sale again until the exiting backlog of orders has been filed.

  2. #2
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996

    Re: T-Mobile 8800 Oversold

    Quote Originally Posted by Nels
    I just talked to T-Mobile trying to get an upgrade to the new 8800. The rep said the demand was so high for the new model that it has been removed from the site. She said it won't be offered for sale again until the exiting backlog of orders has been filed.
    Hmmmm..... what's wrong with this picture? Hello..... T-Mobile?


  3. #3
    ljbyar's Avatar
    ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    7,818

    Re: T-Mobile 8800 Oversold

    Not surprised by this one. This model was primarily built for Corp Users (no cam). There was initial rumor that it wouldn't even be released to consumers until the corp orders were filled. I guess they should have listened to themselves.

  4. #4
    BBNUT#1's Avatar
    BBNUT#1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    46

    Re: T-Mobile 8800 Oversold

    The 8800 is still on the TMO website.

  5. #5
    Nels's Avatar
    Nels no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29

    Re: T-Mobile 8800 Oversold

    Quote Originally Posted by BBNUT#1
    The 8800 is still on the TMO website.
    The 8800 is on the T-Mobile website for new customers only, for existing customers trying to upgrade it is no longer available.

  6. #6
    takeshi's Avatar
    takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,305

    Re: T-Mobile 8800 Oversold

    That's a good thing, in a way, actually. Demand outpacing supply may be annoying but at least there's no chance of TMO dropping the model and they'll probably get around to properly offering it to everyone once they start to actually stock them in decent numbers.

  7. #7
    BBNUT#1's Avatar
    BBNUT#1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    46

    Re: T-Mobile 8800 Oversold

    Maybe this will speed up the release of the 8820....

  8. #8
    ant808's Avatar
    ant808 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    24b16175
    Posts
    33

    Re: T-Mobile 8800 Oversold

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i love my 8700g they can take there time with that one no to much of an upgrad to me

  9. #9
    RyanM's Avatar
    RyanM no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    32c3f46f
    Posts
    30

    Re: T-Mobile 8800 Oversold

    Went to 7 (count them.. SEVEN!) T-Mobile stores and none of them had the 8800 in stock. Like a poster said above, unless you're a new subscriber, you aren't getting an 8800 on upgrade. I got one TMo rep to tell me they had 2 8800's in stock but wouldn't sell me one even at full price. Only new peeps get 'em.

    Crappy. This might make me wait until the 8820 launches.
    75% of the earth is covered by water, the other 25% is covered by Bob Sanders

  10. #10
    mocmylov's Avatar
    mocmylov no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    24ab2f41
    Posts
    48

    Re: T-Mobile 8800 Oversold

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanM
    Went to 7 (count them.. SEVEN!) T-Mobile stores and none of them had the 8800 in stock. Like a poster said above, unless you're a new subscriber, you aren't getting an 8800 on upgrade. I got one TMo rep to tell me they had 2 8800's in stock but wouldn't sell me one even at full price. Only new peeps get 'em.

    Crappy. This might make me wait until the 8820 launches.
    i thought the 8800 wasn't even IN Tmo stores... Isn't it only online?

  11. #11
    RyanM's Avatar
    RyanM no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    32c3f46f
    Posts
    30

    Re: T-Mobile 8800 Oversold

    Quote Originally Posted by mocmylov
    i thought the 8800 wasn't even IN Tmo stores... Isn't it only online?
    I hope someone can clarify this because if thats the case... i'll beat down the tmo rep who had some fun at my expense.
    75% of the earth is covered by water, the other 25% is covered by Bob Sanders

  12. #12
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanM
    I hope someone can clarify this because if thats the case... i'll beat down the tmo rep who had some fun at my expense.
    And I'll beat anyone who tells me I can't get it if something was to happen to my Pearl and I wanted to do an alternative handset exchange.

  13. #13
    AJ Muni's Avatar
    AJ Muni no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    61

    Re: T-Mobile 8800 Oversold

    Yes this is true. I called about 5 different tmo retail stores in the miami area, and they said its backordered until atleast the end of the month. Online is avail. but only for new customers, tmo customers trying to upgrade have to wait as well. Atleast thats what the tmo rep told me over the phone.

  14. #14
    husnain1's Avatar
    husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    24456390
    Posts
    603

    Re: T-Mobile 8800 Oversold

    Quote Originally Posted by Nels
    The 8800 is on the T-Mobile website for new customers only, for existing customers trying to upgrade it is no longer available.
    yeah I noticed that too. but im waiting for the curve anyways hopefully tmo gets it.

  15. #15
    shmengie's Avatar
    shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    519

    Re: T-Mobile 8800 Oversold

    so, i can't get a wii or an 8800. it just doesn't pay to want stuff...

    (actually, i LOVE my 8100 and have no plans on upgrading anytime soon...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •