I just picked up my 8800 and I think I have a pretty complicated issue ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

haner no está en línea Stack level 1

Syncing calendar only

Advertisement

I just picked up my 8800 and I think I have a pretty complicated issue I'm trying to find a solution for.

Here is my setup:

BES with EMM (personal email only, not using calendar)
    BIS with OWA (work email - I don't get access to BES, use both email and calendar for meetings and such)

Although this setup works beautifully for email, I can't find a way to sync my BB calendar and work calendar together. I don't use my BES (personal) calendar at all. I want my work calendar to be synced on my BB so when I'm not at work, I know what meetings I have tomorrow and such. I don't mind if my BES calendar is synced with work stuff since it's easier for me if I can see it at home in Outlook as well.

The only solution I thought of is to sync my calendar at work to Google Calendar, then at home, sync Google Calendar to Outlook, which will then be synced with my BB on BES.

I tried installing Desktop Manager at work and only sync the calendar via USB but it says this device is already syncing wirelessly and fails.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

dbuz007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e8fc4e

Re: Syncing calendar only

From my experience if your device says, "..this device is already syncing wirelessly" and fails... Mailstreet my Exchange Server Service has told me that if you sync wirelessly - your device can only sync with that server - in short- they told me to 'wipe' the data and only sync to your desktop/Outlook etc...but then you cannot have wireless sync - cannot 'have the cake and eat it too' so to speak - one or the other...

Also - if you're syncing wirelessly - some exchange servers use their own IP version of Outlook; that may not solve your dual calendar issues though;

dbuz

haner no está en línea Stack level 1

I was able to solve this by setting turning off the option to sync wirelessly in the BB calendar, then syncing it with my desktop at work. Good info for anyone who might be in the same scenario.

ronco no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by haner
    I was able to solve this by setting turning off the option to sync wirelessly in the BB calendar, then syncing it with my desktop at work. Good info for anyone who might be in the same scenario.
    Can you explain further what you mean by this as I think have exactly the same problem as Hanner
    eg I cant enter a meeting on my BB calendar and it appears on my outlook calendar via OTA and also I dont recieve meeting request in my BBmail. It works fine the other way eg if I get a meeting request in outlook and accept it then appears in my BB calendar via OTA. My mail from outlook works perfectly OTA.

Hope this makes sense and some one can help.

I have a 8100 and it is OTA via BES from my company.
    Regards
    Ronco

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Yup -- just turn off wireless sync and you can sync via USB.