Hi When i get email sent to my email server..it now gets forwarded to the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

PearlTime no está en línea Stack level 1

Synchronising BES with Email Server

Advertisement

Hi

When i get email sent to my email server..it now gets forwarded to the BES server of which i can then see the messages on my blackberry.

The question here is when the email is deleted from the email server it is not deleted on the blackberry. Even after i connect it and synchronise through the Desktop Manager..and reconsile now on the blackberry..Those messages are still on the Blackberry.

Is there a solution to this madness ?

Thanks
    Pearltime

PearlTime no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Synchronising BES with Email Server

Blackberry is a 8800...FYI

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Synchronising BES with Email Server

First off, email doesn't sync on any BB. It does reconcile but reconciliation and sync are two different things.

Are you forwarding email to your BES account? Or when you say "email server" are you referring to the Exchange/Notes/whatever server that is tied to your BES? If you're actually forwarding to your BES email account it won't ever get deleted as you expect.

If the latter is true then make sure that Delete On is set to Mailbox & Handheld under Messages->Options on your BB.