Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all, I have searched everywhere for a solution to this - but I cannot ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Wangta no está en línea Stack level 2

Synch 8800 via Bluetooth with VISTA

Advertisement

Hi all,

I have searched everywhere for a solution to this - but I cannot for the life of me get my Blackberry 8800 to synch to my Lenovo X61s via bluetooth. I am running Vista Business 64 and while I can get the computer and the Blackberry connected through the Vista bluetooth interface, when I try and add the Blackberry to DM through the "Configure Bluetooth" option, it is unable to find my Blackberry and gives me the following message:

"Blackberry Device Manager is unable to locate any Bluetooth devices that support Blackberry Bluetooth desktop services. Please verify that your device has been properly configured and click Search Again".

On DM, i have under connection settings, "Enable Bluetooth Support" checked. I am running DM 4.2.1 (SP1), which I read was the fully Vista compatible. On my Blackberry 8800, I am running OS v4.2.1.101.

Is there anything I can do to? Where am I goofing this up?

Thanks so much,

W

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Synch 8800 via Bluetooth with VISTA

Ensure that your 8800 is paired with your Lenovo before attempting synching. Only paired devices are allowed to sync. Go to Options-Bluetooth setup and pair the two. Hope this helps.

seveneleven no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30199e3b

I am having the same problem. Out of curiosity, what items do you have listed under your "bluetooth services" on your BB? Also have you ever had BES service?

Crap guys - sorry for the late response - didn't have email notification on!

Anyways, yes - I do have my Blackberry 8800 and the Lenovo computer paired. I'm looking at it right now, they are paired. However - I want to test this connection by trying to transfer a file between the two . I tried right clicking on a file in Vista, and choosing the selection "Send to" then "Bluetooth device", however it tries to send the file (a picture in this example) and then fails. I also tried copying the picture into the "Bluetooth exchange folder" in my documents folder, but it doesn't seem to sync (do I have to manually start a copying process?).

The only thing that I can do with the bluetooth connection between my computer and my blackberry is audio. When I pair the two, Vista says that the Blackberry is trying to "access the headset audio gateway". If I go to the BlueTooth devices in Vista, and get properties for the 8800, then click on the Services tab - it only lists Headset Audio Gateway. While I was messing around with this, I actually received a call (while paired with my computer), and I could hear the person through my computer. "Hello....hello??" Was truly weird - I have no idea what good this would do - is this the only thing I can do between my Blackberry and the computer? Headset audio gateway!? Useless.

To answer someone elses question - on my blackberry, if I go to Options, Bluetooth, Wangta_X61 (computer name) and select properties, I have listed under services the following:

Audio Gateway
    Headset
    Audio Gateway (yes, its listed twice - maybe its an extension of the second? Headset audio gateway?)
    PIM Item Transfer
    A/V Remote Control Target
    Audio Sink

And yes, I did have BES at one time, but left work at the beginning of the summer (going to grad school), and switched over to just BIS.

Also, in terms of drivers for bluetooth on Vista - see attached attached pics.

If anyone could help me with this, I would be forever grateful. I can't believe this is so freakin hard!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wangta; 09-15-2007 at 06:19 AM.

PIN/ID
    30199e3b

I wish I could be more help. I am stuck in the same spot. I also used to have a hosted BES, I think that may be where the problem is. From what I read it may turn off some services that are required for Bluetooth sync.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Do you think a wipe of our 'berry would help? I'm not quite sure how BES could mess this up!

PIN/ID

click on the blackberry in the vista bb connection and hit properties let it find out what the phone could do, it will install few more drivers. then go to blackberry device manager and find your bb and add it, then open dm and go to connections and connect to your bb, you should be able to sync via bt now. if that does not help let me know i have a couple more tricks

PIN/ID
    30199e3b

Wangta I tried a wipe and it did nothing. Exact same problem. When I click on the properties from the bluetooth connection it shows 0 services. and doesnt try to install any.

PIN/ID

try going to device manager and unde ports delete the RIM Virtual serial ports V2

PIN/ID
    30199e3b

Thank you for your help

ok there were to ports for RIM. Both gone now. Tried to add via DM and no go. Also looked at BT connection properties and its still empty.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry8800
    click on the blackberry in the vista bb connection and hit properties let it find out what the phone could do, it will install few more drivers. then go to blackberry device manager and find your bb and add it, then open dm and go to connections and connect to your bb, you should be able to sync via bt now. if that does not help let me know i have a couple more tricks
    What do you mean "click on the blackberry in the vista bb connection"? Vista bb connection??

PIN/ID

If you double click.on the blue bt icon on your computer then find the bb click on the bb icon once then click on properties ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by seveneleven
    Thank you for your help

ok there were to ports for RIM. Both gone now. Tried to add via DM and no go. Also looked at BT connection properties and its still empty.
    After deleting the ports you need to delete the bb form you BT connection on the computer, then find it again, clcik on properties, then go to the bb device menager and add the bb. I tried this last night I have recurrent problems with bt connection to the bb whenever I add new bt devices to my computer

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry8800
    If you double click.on the blue bt icon on your computer then find the bb click on the bb icon once then click on properties ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    OK, attached pictures of my BB properties.

PIN/ID

and there lies the problem, see attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast