Is there a website or app to sync or backup contacts online from the BB? ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0

Sync contacts online from BB?

Advertisement

Is there a website or app to sync or backup contacts online from the BB?

I am on the road a lot lately and not always near a pc to sync through outlook. The other day my 8800 met with a puddle and I lost the contacts on it when it died, got a new 8800 but I only got home today to sync it. It sucks not having your contacts on the road.
    "Be fair. Forgive. Be inspired. Inspire others."

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

Re: Sync contacts online from BB?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yahoo to go will sync your cantacts if you have a yahoo acct it does a lot more but that's the main reason I have it.

Just got to go.yahoo.com

PIN/ID
    20D434D0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I do have yahoo go. Didn't know it could do that. Then again I would rather not mix my yahoo contacts up with my BB contacts.

aikoman no está en línea Stack level 1

My contacts are synched up wirelessly w/ Notes. Doesn't Outlook have the same ability?

PIN/ID
    20D434D0
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoman
    My contacts are synched up wirelessly w/ Notes. Doesn't Outlook have the same ability?
    I don't think outlook does. Either way I don't have access to outlook on the road, and my pc is off when I'm not home, so I'm looking for an alternative solution. I'm sure there has to be some website that let's you backup contacts from your phone. Still searching...

db869 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I do have yahoo go. Didn't know it could do that. Then again I would rather not mix my yahoo contacts up with my BB contacts.
    How about creating a separate Yahoo account for your BB contacts and sync to that? The Yahoo accounts are free after all.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by aikoman
    Your company probably has a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES). That would do everything over the air. If his phone is on a personal account then that won't work.

Dave
    Last edited by db869; 10-02-2007 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Automerged.

stewea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    headed

Since you mentioned "returning home.." I would assume that you are using a personal BB tied to a personal computer. If you travel a lot (which you apparently do), have your email hosted by an Exchange email service with BES capabilities. Gives fully wireless sync of Contacts, Tasks, etc, and can back up apps if your device crashes. It does incur additional costs, though, both for the email capabilities and the BES service.

Do a Google search for "Hosted Exchange".

PIN/ID
    20D434D0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I would host my email on an exchange service, but I will admit I have never used exchange before and don't really know anything at all about using/setting that up.

I was under the impression that having a personal BES would incur significantly higher cost than BIS, am I just misinformed about that?

synthalo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c93ad

No you where not misinformed, a personal BES is much more expensive.

stewea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    headed

Hosted Exchange services (with BES) will run about US$25/mo depending on the hosted exchange provider, and your cell provider will probably cost more for the BES BB service, as most have a "personal" BB service (BIS) and a "corporate" BB service (BES). Certainly more expensive then BIS, but you will gain the full capabilities of BES. Your requirements will dictate.

If you can use Outlook, you can use a hosted exchange service. Most set-up instructions are quite clear on how to get started, and phone support is generally available to get you up and running.