I'm a die hard user of a great BB 7130c, but I want to use ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Swapping SIM card between phones.......

Advertisement

I'm a die hard user of a great BB 7130c, but I want to use a smaller form factor phone on the weekends when I'm not conducting business. I ordered a Samsung SGH-D807 from Cingular and it should be arriving today.

My question is....is the address book from the BB saved entirely to the SIM card? I want to be able to switch out the SIM and be ready to go on the new phone. I'm curious to know if this will work. I'd hate to have to manually enter the address book into the new phone.

Thanks a bunch!!!!
    Lisa

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Swapping SIM card between phones.......

You can save your contacts onto the SIM card, but they are not done automatically by the BlackBerry. You're gonna get a good workout with those thumbs!

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

How do I save them to the SIM card, since it's not done automatically?

davidobrien no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2443C120

Aren't there 3rd party programmes out there that can save the leg work for you?

mjalkut no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

If you're a die hard BB user, and you own a PC....I strongly recommend introducing those two friends to each other.

Its very easy to sync all your contacts to your microsoft outlook. (or similar programs) afterwich its easy to edit, and add info to your contacts as well as upload them into any BB.

Its also a super easy way to add Photo's, Birthdays, Addresses, extra phone numbers and email addresses, and notes for all your contacts.

After you initally synch your contacts, you'll love your BB in a whole new way.

-Bob
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

akg
    akg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240EB50D

Yes, synch your BB with Outlook or whatever program you use. I had the Samsung SGH-T809 which is just about the same phone as the D807 and it came with software and a USB cable. With that you are able to import (not synch, as far as I know) your contacts from Outlook into the phone.

Saving everything to the SIM card is not the best way to go IMO.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

It's a horribly slow way to go, I'm also not sure exactly how many contacts it will hold.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

I'm using a 7130c during the week. Then I have a few different phones that I like to use on the weekends depending on what I'm doing.

I swap the sim card between phones on a frequent basis.

As far as getting the phone numbers into your new phone, just copy them to your sim card and then onto the new phones address book. That way you do not have to leave then on the sim as that is a rather unsafe place to keep them.

Most sim cards have a limit of one name & number per contact with 250 being the total number of numbers it can hold.

I certainly enjoy having the choice of taking a break from the constant stream of email that flows into my BlackBerry.

I'm sure you will feel the same way and have fun with your "weekend phone".

If you are using Outlook and understand how to sync that with your BB, that is one of the safest & best place to keep your contacts. Then you can connect your new phone via USB to your computer and download the contacts to it.

Cheers ...

~via BB 8800 (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Outlook's also handy as a reference on your PC and as a "backup" of your contacts.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Outlook's also handy as a reference on your PC and as a "backup" of your contacts.
    excellent point