I run a BB 8820 and the latest OS version. Yesterday i noticed that suddenly ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Suddenly lost all my messages and calls history

Advertisement

I run a BB 8820 and the latest OS version. Yesterday i noticed that suddenly I have lost all my previous messages and emails and also the call log history. What have I done wrong? Nothing to my knowledge. Can anyone shed a little light on my problem.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Suddenly lost all my messages and calls history

you probably ran out of memory.

you can try here for suggestions
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html

simonminshall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2068A03C

You've done nothing wrong at all. Welcome to a very common BB Handheld issue. Usually quite common with base releases of the handheld code on the device. Ways to impact it.
    In Messages - options - General Settings, change keep messages to forever. Same for calendar. Also checkup on how often the device does automatic wireless backup.
    Anybody else shed some light. As mentioned, used to get this with the 7730, 7290, 8700, rectified by the updated handheld release.

Simon

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    I work for alltel. We have been selling a ton of the 8830's there an amazing phone. I have one my self. However in the last week or so I have had 4 phones from 4 diffrent people all on BIS and my self on the BES complaining of the same issue. Also I noticed that these phone also are running on 0 memory. All less than a week old with little to nothing on them. Pulling the battery seems to clear up the memory issue, but the missing info is not always fixed.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

I've found that in some cases reloading the OS or upgrading to the latest OS will fix this problem. I see alot of this from the early ATT pearls, especially the red ones and the 8300s. Usual customer feed back on this is that it works. Hope this helps!

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

i have reloaded the OS and still the same problem this is a problem that needs to be fixed in the new OS release