I've got an 8800, and I've had it for almost a year. A week ago, ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

CTMechE no está en línea Stack level 1

Sudden change in battery drain?

Advertisement

I've got an 8800, and I've had it for almost a year. A week ago, I did updates of Gmail app, Google Maps, and Opera Mini. (I had older versions of them before) I also installed the driver for the Bluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard that I got for Christmas.

Now my battery drains in less than 24 hrs, even without web browsing or talking. I close all my apps when I'm done, too, so I'm not sure which of these things is causing the drain. I haven't even had it paired to the bluetooth keyboard, either.

I've done a battery-pull a few times, but nothing has changed. I'd like to avoid un-installing the applications/driver if at all possible, but if it comes to that I will.

I just don't know if anyone else has had problems with any of the latest updates of Gmail, Google Maps or Opera Mini draining the battery... but if you have, please post!

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Re: Sudden change in battery drain?

maybe your battery is done...which most likely shoudnt since its a bout a year old

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

also do you loose service a lot lately? if you do the phone keeps looking for service until it does so it drains more power

CTMechE no está en línea Stack level 1

Nope, haven't been losing service. Maybe the battery is shot, I dunno, but I'd think it would have tapered off over time and not suddenly started lasting half as long.