Need help. I was proceeding through the unlock process for a Cingular 8800 so it ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Subsidy Unlock Request Fax - How do I respond to proof of purchase?

Advertisement

Need help. I was proceeding through the unlock process for a Cingular 8800 so it can be used on another provider - inside the U.S (TMO or AT&T) and outside (Europe). They asked for proof of purchase.

What is this? I bought the phone used on Ebay. Do I send them my Paypal receipt showing I purchased it with full ownership? How do I respond to make this happen?__________________________________________________ ___

Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately, your request for a device unlock code has been denied as a proof of purchase is required. We will hold the case open for 48 hours for the fax to be delivered. Once the requested documents are received then your request will be worked.The information can be faxed to xxx-xxx-xxxx. For further assistance please call Technical Support at x-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

The following must be completed by the customer to complete the request for the unlock code:
    The customer must fax a valid proof of purchase or Transfer of Ownership letter clearly indicating it is for the AT&T device.
    Instruct the customer to fax the receipt with the following information displayed prominently on the cover page and/or the receipt:
    The term "Subsidy Unlock Request"
    Their name:
    BAN/Account Number (if applicable)
    MSISDN:
    Contact information:
    Clarify Case Number:
    Inform the customer that the fax must be received by the appropriate team within 48 hours or the request would be denied.
    The Subsidy Unlock Team will review the receipt and confirm it was purchased at the no commitment price or deny the request.
    Last edited by miltw3; 12-28-2007 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Text errors

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Subsidy Unlock Request Fax - How do I respond to proof of purchase?

I didn't do all that so not sure. Do you have service (currently) with AT&T and planning to switch to Tmobile? All I did was email AT&T with my name, account number, and the IEMI of the phone. About 4 days later or so they replied with the unlock code. I was a customer at the time so that does make a difference in their helping.

Post Re: Subsidy Unlock Request Fax - How do I respond to proof of purchase?

We are trying to unlock a AT&T phone to use with any GSM network - here or overseas. Friend, who is an AT&T Customer is submitting the request. We called the International Support directly. He is not under contract and has been a customer for years. Trying to figure out what I should send to keep the request moving. Not sure how to respond to a proof of purchase for a phone I bought used on Ebay

Post Re: Subsidy Unlock Request Fax - How do I respond to proof of purchase?

Good news. Unlock request was approved by AT&T. Case closed. Before using a service, give the provider a call to see if they will do it for free. Explain that you would like your phone to have the capability to take prepaid sim cards across the pond. You will have to prove that you have full ownership rights to the phone and no obligations remain.