I know there are plenty of trackball threads, but this problem seems rather odd to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

BBjunkie87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F7D02D

strange trackball problem

Advertisement

I know there are plenty of trackball threads, but this problem seems rather odd to me since cleaning it did not work (unless I didn't do a good enough job) all directions with the exception of down work. When I roll the ball down, it works sometimes but I feel it get stuck as if there is a bump in the ball at a specific part, however when it gets "stuck" it makes the click, but the cursor does not move. When I depress the trackball and roll it down, it doesn't get caught and works perfectly. It just started happening a few minutes ago. Is it just normal wear and tear since I am a very heavy user and I use the down direction the most. Any suggestions?

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Same thing has happen to me before on my 8820 make sure your hands are clean and dry, the times it had happen to me was when my hands were sweating,also there may be something caught in the trackball, I would follow the instructions to clean your trackball and when drying it off I would press down and roll it to get whatever is stuck out

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    20F7D02D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks. I was hoping that it was a common issue and that I didn't have to start saving for a new BB lol

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Don't worry I completly freaked the first time it happened to me, I had just gotten my BB but it works itself out, also aviod putting the bb in your pocket lint can cause this to happen as well

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    20F7D02D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i always keep it in the holster, the phone never leaves my sight lol

PIN/ID
    20F7D02D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~*problem solved* I'm very much relieved

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Trackballs are inexpensive and very easy to replace, absolutely no need to save up for a new bb! www.cnn.cn has them, ebay sellers have them. If you've taken it apart to clean it, you'll find replacing the trackball is a piece of cake. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~