Hi, folks. My "unopened message icon" seems to be stuck today. It is insisting that ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2

Sticky message icon

Advertisement

Hi, folks. My "unopened message icon" seems to be stuck today. It is insisting that I still have one unopened item, even after opening all my messages. I found a thread on this problem in the 8100 forum, but didn't se anything here.

I have tried each of the solutions generously suggested in the 8100 thread: checking all folders; marking a message as "unopened" and then reopening it; and a couple of battery pulls (I left it out much longer than usual the second time, just to be sure the capcitor cleared). Sadly, that nasty little envelope remains, as does the "1 message unopened" remark on my home screen.

Aargh. I also tried sending myself a new message, and have received & opened several others over the last few hours. The icon is stll lurking. Interestingly, the LED is blinking green rather than red. So at least part of the device recognizes reality.

Thanks in advance for any additional help you experts might be able to offer

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Sticky message icon

Have you tried turning on all phone logs to your device then do a mark all prior read.

Good luck.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ PRat: I'm not familiar with turning on all logs, so I looked in the menu. While there I noticed for the first time a 'mark prior opened" command. I tried that and the icon dissappeared.

I'm still clueless which message (if any) triggere the situation, but all seems Ok now. Thanks to "l for the quick help!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Are you sure it's not an SMS and under the SMS icon?

kabirjohnson no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

It could be a missed call icon. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Are you sure it's not an SMS and under the SMS icon?

Quote Originally Posted by kabirjohnson
    It could be a missed call icon. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't think it was either of the above. It appeared to be the usual e-mail message icon. And I checked both the in and out SMS folders, as well as the call log, before the battery pulls. All were empty.

Fortunately, the icon now seems back to normal after clicking on the "mark prior opened" option in the message menu.

Thanks for the additional suggestions, though.