I've tried several cables and converters to get stereo output from my 8820 (2.5mm) to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Ruptured Teabag no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Stereo output to Car

Advertisement

I've tried several cables and converters to get stereo output from my 8820 (2.5mm) to my car audio in socket (3.5mm).

None seem to work sucessfully, some play out of one side of the car only and some don't play at all.

Some Tech Support feedback suggested that the 8820 output is 'wired differently' to standard as it also allows audio in through a mike input.

My BBy headphones work great, and I've input MP3s to my car from my Dell Axim PDA (which has standard 3.5mm output) so I think the BBy 2.5mm output is the problem

Has ANYONE managed to get their music from an 8820 into their car stereo system and if so, exactly which cables/convertors did you succeed with?????

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try using the BlackBerry Stereo Gateway. It works great and it works via Bluetooth.

hjs
    hjs no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have used the Seidio adapter with my 8800 and get stereo sound to my car (through a tape deck adapter). I have tried other cheap ones from eBay and had no luck with them. Try the Seidio that is labeled for the Pearl or 8800.

Ruptured Teabag no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks, I guess I need to find a UK outlet for Seidio and take it from there.

I don't really want to shell out $70 for the remote kit, apart from the price, I do bluetooth to a handsfree Parrot 3200LS kit in the car.

Thanks for the suggestion :-)

cubus no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You need to get a 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter that has two plastic black rings on both jacks. Most converters have 3 rings on 2.5mm side, that will not work properly. I posted a detailed info a while ago, you can find that post through my profile.