Has RIM yet issued a software upgrade to allow BB8800 work with stereo headphones?... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Stereo Headphones

Advertisement

Has RIM yet issued a software upgrade to allow BB8800 work with stereo headphones?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Stereo Headphones

Not yet.

There is speculation that an upgrade to Version 4.2.2 will add support for Bluetooth Stereo on devices with stereo output like the 8800 and 8100/Pearl. However I'm not sure that it can be done without the supporting hardware. Only time will tell. This page has the latest versions of OS available for all models, so keep an eye on it and we'll see when they release 4.2.2 for the 8800.
    JerryD

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by amoroso511
    Has RIM yet issued a software upgrade to allow BB8800 work with stereo headphones?
    After upgrading to the latest Sprint/TelUs firmware - I now have two additional bluetooth profiles:

- Audio Source
    - A/V Remote Control Target

Does mean A2DP? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Bob

Let me answer my own post.

Yes - A2DP is there. I picked up a Motorola S9 BT stereo headset and it works beautifully. Works with the built-in media app without any issues.

Bob

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Thanks, howver, the 8830 is not the 8800.

Quote Originally Posted by amoroso511
    Did you mean stereo bluetooth (A2DP)?

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Thanks, howver, the 8830 is not the 8800.

Did you mean stereo bluetooth (A2DP)?
    Yes bluetooth stereo

nickmayhew no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Stereo Headphones

So what do I need to do with my 8800 to make the music play through my Motorola HT820 Bluetooth stereo headphones? Can somebody take me through it step by step please and assume I know nothing! Thanks!

Nick.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nickmayhew
    So what do I need to do with my 8800 to make the music play through my Motorola HT820 Bluetooth stereo headphones? Can somebody take me through it step by step please and assume I know nothing! Thanks!

Nick.
    Sit tight and wait until version 4.2.2 or higher is released for the 8800 and see if it adds the capability, which may not be the case.
    JerryD

dabuel01 no está en línea Stack level 1

I need some help. I bought the bb8830 which I LOVE and I also own the s9 stereo bluetooth 2.0. The first day I did it... it worked but the second day as I was working out in the gym, it didnt work at all. I dont know what's going on. I've been messing around the settings and cant seem to get it to work.

That last thing that I did to my 8830 was sync it to my laptop and made a request for BES access with my company. At the end of the day is when I went to the gym and noticed that it didnt work. Did I do something when I syncd it with my pc?

I know that it works when I use the s9 headeset because I can recieve calls AND I can forward the music the selection to the next song but I'm unable to hear the music. Ughhh!!

Any thoughts?

Dale
    Sprint BB8830

Try restaring the phone. I had a similar issue and that solved it. Unfortunately for me - the pair of S9's I have sound tinny. Need to return them this weekend.

HTH,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by dabuel01
    I need some help. I bought the bb8830 which I LOVE and I also own the s9 stereo bluetooth 2.0. The first day I did it... it worked but the second day as I was working out in the gym, it didnt work at all. I dont know what's going on. I've been messing around the settings and cant seem to get it to work.

That last thing that I did to my 8830 was sync it to my laptop and made a request for BES access with my company. At the end of the day is when I went to the gym and noticed that it didnt work. Did I do something when I syncd it with my pc?

I know that it works when I use the s9 headeset because I can recieve calls AND I can forward the music the selection to the next song but I'm unable to hear the music. Ughhh!!

Any thoughts?

Dale
    Sprint BB8830

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by rweckhoff
    Try restaring the phone. I had a similar issue and that solved it. Unfortunately for me - the pair of S9's I have sound tinny. Need to return them this weekend.
    I have a pair of the iLuv I903 Noise-Canceling Bluetooth Stereo Headphones on order at Buy.com ... but they're back-ordered/out-of-stock. :cry:

They have great reviews, has annyone here used them???

/ BD

tjsch123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by rweckhoff
    Let me answer my own post.

Yes - A2DP is there. I picked up a Motorola S9 BT stereo headset and it works beautifully. Works with the built-in media app without any issues.

Bob
    To rweckhoff. Just to verify, you have a BB 8800, you purchased the Motorola S9 BT stereo headset and you have full functionality of the headset? All the research Ive done suggests that since the 8800 does not support the A2DP profile that most headsets wont work. If it does great! Much appreciated. TJ

onoerhime no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the Motorola HT820 and a BB 8830, How can I listen to music via bluetooth, when looking at the properties for the headset I see A/V remote control and Audio sink, but these dont show up on the phones bluetooth properties, whatever that means. has anyone figured how to make this work, please reply with the procedures.
    Ono

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

is there any indication that this will be appropriately remedied on subsequent updates of the o.s. for the 8800? and if so, when?

i must say, its seriously annoying having to carry around the oem headphones and a bluetooth headset.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by tjsch123
    To rweckhoff. Just to verify, you have a BB 8800, you purchased the Motorola S9 BT stereo headset and you have full functionality of the headset? All the research Ive done suggests that since the 8800 does not support the A2DP profile that most headsets wont work. If it does great! Much appreciated. TJ
    His profile indicates that he has an 8830.

Quote Originally Posted by littleacorn
    is there any indication that this will be appropriately remedied on subsequent updates of the o.s. for the 8800? and if so, when?
    We don't even get release notes with each OS update/upgrade... You do the math.

My educated guess is that it's likely since all devices shipping with 4.2.2 have the A2DP bluetooth profile.
    Last edited by takeshi; 08-02-2007 at 10:56 AM.