a freind of mine who has a palm and a 8800 uses this speech to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

speech to text app??

Advertisement

a freind of mine who has a palm and a 8800 uses this speech to text application. he holds the side buttin when composing a sms text talks and when hes done it writes out everything he says. and works very well. even with emails. do they have any apps like this for the 8800 or for any blackberry? or is this just a windows mobile based product? anyone know?

petergrace no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CC6A3D

Re: speech to text app??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Voice recognition has been around for a while for PocketPC, but I personally haven't seen any for blackberry. I'd be interested in it too, but doubtful I'd have enough juice in my 7290 to do it!

-pete

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

I think "nuance voice control" does this, it also reads out your incoming e-mails !!

Gaz.

Motogprc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B55019

That would be a sweet app for the BB, but does it make it for the 8703e?

chookagian no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B730A0

Check out this link:

http://www.rim.net/news/partner/2007..._2007-06.shtml

ericjmess no está en línea Stack level 2

HOLY CR@P! I was just talking about this the other day. I have seen on the 'net the police are looking to crack down on DWTexting, and they want it to be a Federal Offense so you could get pulled over for it ($250 fine too, if I remember correctly). I said to my wife "why isn't there a talk to text program, that would be perfect".Thanks for the link.

ericjmess no está en línea Stack level 2

http://www.nuance.com/narrator/

click "BUY NOW", then select your phone type and put phone number and PURCHASE, it will bring you to a new window of a website that is selling the software for $6. Didn't buy it yet, but maybe later.

big.eds no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EAB890

$6/month...wow

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Handango has a free trial of this app !!

gaz.

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Does it work on the 8800?
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

PIN/ID
    ask me

they wont see me texting... my windows on all my cars are blacked out... and i dont hold the phone up in the air while texting and driving.. and also... how would they have proof you were texting in the 1st place... my lawyer would have a field day. lol...

pdqgp no está en línea Stack level 2

in most states blacked out windows are illegal, but then if you were to be involved in fatal crash, you can bet the opposite side will investigate your mobile devices and calls and messages made. they're admisable in court and won't be left out for such an accident.

your lawyer would have a field day...taking your money, but in the end, my wife who is a prosecutor would have a field day rounding up your insurance company, the victims family and the city going after your and yours. she's been there done that.

same with the black box in your car. everything you do is recorded right down to the position of your steering wheel, speeds and braking. she was just recently involved in a case where the operator was found guilty in a single car crash of texting. not only did his records show it, but his car was found to have been weaving....slightly and his speeds were constant...all in line with his texting with the cruise control on and his wheel moving side to side slightly while he moved his wrists as he typed. his lawyer tried fighting it, but the evidence was clear to the magistrate.

keep in mind, we could debate this all day long, but in the end, if you injure or kill someone, there are no winners. put the bb down while you drive....period.

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX
    they wont see me texting... my windows on all my cars are blacked out... and i dont hold the phone up in the air while texting and driving.. and also... how would they have proof you were texting in the 1st place... my lawyer would have a field day. lol...

TheCow no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by chookagian
    Check out this link:

http://www.rim.net/news/partner/2007..._2007-06.shtml
    im really interested in this, but does anyone know if you really have to pay $6 a month for the service? i dont mind paying for the product, but a one time fee, not a monthly bill. over time that would add up to way more than its worth

PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp
    in most states blacked out windows are illegal, but then if you were to be involved in fatal crash, you can bet the opposite side will investigate your mobile devices and calls and messages made. they're admisable in court and won't be left out for such an accident.

your lawyer would have a field day...taking your money, but in the end, my wife who is a prosecutor would have a field day rounding up your insurance company, the victims family and the city going after your and yours. she's been there done that.

same with the black box in your car. everything you do is recorded right down to the position of your steering wheel, speeds and braking. she was just recently involved in a case where the operator was found guilty in a single car crash of texting. not only did his records show it, but his car was found to have been weaving....slightly and his speeds were constant...all in line with his texting with the cruise control on and his wheel moving side to side slightly while he moved his wrists as he typed. his lawyer tried fighting it, but the evidence was clear to the magistrate.

keep in mind, we could debate this all day long, but in the end, if you injure or kill someone, there are no winners. put the bb down while you drive....period.
    i dont look at my phone while texting and do so with one hand and the use is only if i have to. its not a hobby. although ur RIGHT. and it does take a split second and boom your life is alterd and someone elses as well. i take percaution when i do so anyway. its a force of habbit i do it as well as millions of others. this is why i started this thread. i asked for a (speech to text app) this would be very helpfull specially when driving. and my personal opinion. my point was noone can stop someone from texting and driving. not the cops. not you. not me. not the thought of getting a ticket. locked up. or even killing someone. people will still do it. nothing stops anyone. no laws. no cops. no nothing. someone will do it regaurdless. but how far will law makers take it. i hear they want to stop people from smoking and driving too. pretty soon youll see them want to stop people from wearing sunglasses while driving. if something is going to happen it is going to happen. you could be texting. you could be sitting there paying 100% attention. or you could be walking down the street and a tree falls on to you. i could sit here and talk about this for hours on end. but its pointless. all i wanted to know. is there a speech to text app.

PIN/ID
    ask me

and i see in your avitar. you have a what looks like a corvette speedo doing 145mph. that sounds safe. wonder if theres any laws on doing 145. hmm.. (im bustin chops) you should feel 212mph. gemballa porsche 650, at an airfield in upstate. beautiful, straight 3 miles on flat tar. no cars around. we could both text at 200 mph... and never worry bout hittin anything but air. u down???