Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I had my BB8830 Replaced today and all my stuff was backed up (so i ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Tesshin no está en línea Stack level 2

Sowftware Transfer

Advertisement

I had my BB8830 Replaced today and all my stuff was backed up (so i thought). When I restored all my stuff but my games and programs are not on the new one. How can I get those programs swapped to the new one?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Sowftware Transfer

Sometimes apps are not restored on a device transfer. You will need to manually reinstall the games and apps to the new BB.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

backup/restore only deals with the databases in the BlackBerry. Device Switch will transfer applications, but like Lavagirl said sometimes it misses a few. Just re-download them like original and you should be ok.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

one of the apps isnt available to re download anymoe so i might just lose that one app but thanks for the quick and awesome info

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Let us know how it goes
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

If you know how to use the javaloader.exe, you can copy all of your .cod files for your applications and games to a safe place on your hard drive. After you get the new device, you can copy them from that location back to your new device. It's a bit tedious, but it's faster than reinstalling them all. Here's how to do it.

Make a folder to save the .cod files in. For the sake of simplicity, I'll say my folder s :\backupcodfiles.

Copy javaloader.exe to the above folder (will make things much easier)

Open a command (DOS) prompt in the above folder.

Connect the BlackBerry to the computer.

In the command window type "javaloader.exe -u dir > "c:\backupfiles\mycodfiles.txt". This will create a text file in the above location that lists all of your .cod files currently on the BB.

Open the .txt file with a listing of your files. Find the ones you want to backup. Mark them or cut/paste them onto another .txt file, or whatever makes it easy for you to ID them.

For each file you need to save type: save "mycodfile.cod", where "mycodfile" is the actual name of the application, and you've added the ".cod" extension to the end of the filename. You need to use the quotation makes around the file name and extension, and you have to type the filename exactly as it appears on your list. For example, if my file were "7YTh8abcd.cod", I would have to type exactly that. If you don't, javaloader assumes you're asking it to save a file that doesn't exist.

Once you get them all saved, and you get your new device, you connect it again, open a command window in the folder where you've saved your .cod files and .....

Starting with the .cod file at the top, type..........

"javaloader.exe -u load "mycodfile.cod" where "mycodfile.cod" is the actual name of the application.

Load all of the files in the directory, stop, pat yourself on the back, lean back, and sigh in relief. You're done.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by ma077146; 12-28-2007 at 10:09 PM.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin View Post
    one of the apps isnt available to re download anymoe so i might just lose that one app but thanks for the quick and awesome info
    oh that's no fun. what was the application you cannot re-download? perhaps someone can help you with that.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Just updating all, my old phone was sitting on my desk at work so I came in today and i just transfered my programs with device switch... although I would love to learn ma077146 method but I couldn't figure out the DOS on it and I've actually been busy at work today so... I'll have to try some other time. Thanks all for the assistance.

vininja no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks so much ma077146 for your post. I was able to transfer my Texas Hold'em King 2 from my 8700 to my 8310. It was quick, painless, and sweet. Thank alot for the valuable info.

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

The inability to save/load more than one .cod file at a time has been a pet peeve of mine for several years. I've been working off and on writing a program that will automate the process. So far, I've been using the program to make calls to the javaloader.exe program, which is inefficient at best. When I get time, I'll take a look at the Application Programming Interface made available to 3rd party developers by RIM, and see if there is a better way to do it.

henrytt no está en línea Stack level 1

I had this happen to me too when i switched BBs, i learned the hardway and ended up reinstalling all my apps again

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

ma077146 you rock!

now if only i would have searched for this when i had to transfer all of my stuff a couple days ago...
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

I appreciate everyone's kind comments. If you find the info helpful, please click on the little green "+" in one of my posts and add to my trust level (shameless self-promotion, I know, but I have a goal oriented personality).

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

Can anyone tell me if there is a version of JL_CMDR that works with Vista X64?

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

There is a version 1.9, which you can find here in the downloads section. I don't know if it will do what you wish, but you can download and give it a lookie.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=5&linkid=452

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast