My job said it's best if people in our department used BB for the E-Mail ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

zac123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23fc97c6

Something Eye Catching? Na, just - HELP!!!

Advertisement

My job said it's best if people in our department used BB for the E-Mail services to the company so I bought a 8800. I do not know how I ever got along with out it. Now 3 months later the department is closed till it combines with one of our other departments. ( 1 Yr ) I do not want to keep paying for the BB plan with my Cingular Wireless " The New AT&T" LOL. I would however like to keep useing my BB 8800 to go on the web to use Yahoo and do some of my other Outlook E-Mail like my old Blackjack or Palm Treo would do. I do not want to stop useing my BB... It's to nice to put away for a year. Also along with the department closeing came a pay cut so I need to save money. Please Help--- What can I do and how can I do it???

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Something Eye Catching? Na, just - HELP!!!

Do you use messaging services? If not dropping down to the basic personal BDP will save you $20/mo. If you now have unlimited messaging. Data is still unlimited. After that I suggest two less trips to Starbucks each week. That will save enough to pay the data plan.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

You're going to need a data plan to get on the internet. I don't use Outlook so I'm not sure how that would work. I guess you could still sync because that doesn't use data from a data plan.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

you won't be able to get email pushed to your bb. although, you might be able to sign up for a lower costing medianet package, since you already have service books. without the service books, the data shouldn't work...but since you have/had the bb data package, it might just...but that's just a guess.

otherwise, without those service books, you cannot get that stuff to work...and like i said above, you won't have the push email feature without the blackberry data plan.

zac123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23fc97c6

We were useing the corporate messaging services but now I will not even need the push e-mail for a long time come starting this Friday. As long as I can get on the internet and go to like yahoo or one of the other free services I can set up some new e mail addresses for personal and some work related mail. I would not even be concerned with Outlook come to think of it. That would get me by for a wile. I have an unlimited data plan now with text messaging so that is good. I hate to call Cingular, I mean AT&T, and let them guide me with out first learning ware it's really at from those here. You can talk to 10 reps and get 6 stories with them. I hate that.. So I guess I just need internet and my unlimited data service with text. Can I do that with out the extra cost of having the special BB package for the push e mail ? Does that take much off of the package cost? Thanks all.....

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You might be able to browse with MedaNET and Opera Mini. However, if you need data then get the Blackberry data plan for $29.

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you can get a bb data plan for 29.99 without it your phone will not access the media net. If you would like to discuss it more please pm me as I work for att and can look directly at your plan for you without having to call the dumb call centers.