Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey cp6169! I d/l bbreply but when i try 2 add one of them in ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: sms/text signature

Advertisement

Hey cp6169! I d/l bbreply but when i try 2 add one of them in an email it gives me an error saying "Error adding a reply to address:Field added to a manger while it is already parented".What am i doing wrong?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Holy cow frkhuda, Im not sure. Its working fine for me, now that I resent my service books. Anyone else ever seen that error?

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Well I did this awhile back, where I input my contact info under the owner field. So whenever I type the word *sig* it inputs all my contact info listed. Look below for example
    Marcus Brooks
    Royal Courts Entertainment
    Email---------------
    BIZ:Royalcourtent@gmail.com
    PER:mrcsbrooks2@yahoo.com

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    You could download an app called BBReply, which will allow you to set a reply to address, and will show the email coming from whatever address you choose. You can create a new address but make it a your phone number, then send the email like normal but it will show your phone number when you set the reply to.

I havent tried it yet but it should work.
    Nope. SMS sent via the SMS<->email gateway will always be from the gateway. The From field in your email is irrrelevant. Send yourself an SMS via email and see. In my test, the SMS was from 36245 (I'm on Cingular) -- not from whatever was specfied in the From field in the original email.

You're pretty much stuck picking the lesser evil of having to remember to use autotext (when sending via SMS) or relying on your recipients to look at the sig to see who the sender is (when sending via email)...

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Hey takeshi! Do u know if there's a way 2 set an auto-sig cuz 95% of mobile phones allow u 2 and i'm trying 2 figure out a way 2 do it on my bb?! But i want an AUTO-SIGNATURE NOT WHERE I CAN TYPE IN "SIG" any ideas?

Thanx aton in advance!!

amajcher no está en línea Stack level 1

Is it just me, or does the signature append right below your text? It looks terrible, and I even tried adding a blank line to the signature by hitting the enter key before adding my text.
    Anyone else have a similar experience?

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

your only allowed limited cahracters in text messages. signature will take half of them.. use as an email instead and then in your email acct set your signature. texting is really not a good place for a signature.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

One thing about a signature, wouldn't that take away for you total number of characters, per text/sms message? Just asking...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12