I am going to Spain in 2 weeks (for 10 days) and want to buy ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Docscanlon no está en línea Stack level 1

Sim Card in Europe

Advertisement

I am going to Spain in 2 weeks (for 10 days) and want to buy a global or local sim card. I have the unlock code for my BB8820 but I have heard from one company that there may be issues. Anyone know what sim is best and most compatible?

Also, how will that impact on my use of WiFi and Email? Will I get charged locally?

Thanks all!

davidscott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c28f5e

Re: Sim Card in Europe

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm kinda in the same boat so I want start a new thread I'm going to be going to france in a few weeks and I was wondering if I put a sim card in would the service work?

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    I had just replied on the other thread here we go:
    I have never been in spain but if I insert a telcel (mexico) sim in an unlocked blackberry while in mexico, all I get is phone access since their pre paid service does not allow you to use data, by the way what bb model do you have? A WIFI enabled bb should let you use your blackberry internet service as long as you find a hot spot or an unsecure public access point.

PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

By the way I have tested the wifi on my mexican isp and it works fine I turned wireless off and let wifi on in my bb 8820 and I was able to send bb emails and pin msg and browse etc.

Docscanlon no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow, that's sounds promising. My BB is an 8820 and I'm a newbie as of September to BBs. So it is essential to turn off the wireless?

PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

I turned wireless off because I didn't want my att sim to start roaming on data , I wanted to be sure that I was using only wifi to test bis that way, also you could set your wireless to not roam data by going to options/mobile network/data services: "off when roaming".
    I just wanted to be 100% sure

sunripe no está en línea Stack level 1

You can buy any pre pay phone card in Spain and use with your unlock BB, I use Vodafone in Spain and if you google will find the apn set up to get your email and evrything else. Hope helps

davidscott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c28f5e

ok well i have verizon.. are you guys just saying i can go out to france or wherever and buy a sim card hook it up and freeto call?!?... seems to easy.. lol