Does anyone else have a problem with a plastic crackling noise when you push the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

ghostnet no está en línea Stack level 1

sides of 8800 crackling noise

Advertisement

Does anyone else have a problem with a plastic crackling noise when you push the sides of the blackberry 8800

cynamicny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F282DC

Re: sides of 8800 crackling noise

I've noticed that too! Don't know why nor how to fix it!

ghostnet no está en línea Stack level 1

thnx for the response i was about to send it back and exchange it for a new one..hehe

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Yeah I've had the same problem with mine. I got a Seidio super slim rubberized case. The sides are no longer exposed therefore no more crackling noise.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BaRiMzI no está en línea Stack level 2

The same thing happens on mine. It didn't happen on the first 8800 i had(i sent it back because of other problems) but it does on the second. Doesn't really botther me though.

ant808 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b16175

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I think the 8800 was rushed that's the problem as you will soon see all the new phones are not made like the old ones they have use now so they know we will buy what ever they put out just like a new car they are nothing like the old ones with that said slow down on your up grades. What ever you do don't drop it its not made out of much

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~mine use to be loose but now that I feel it it is not anymore. Maybe it just need to be snapped into place

ATorrington no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2059F56B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~mine creaks too. The weakest part seems to be the side section either side of the screen.

tundra no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F50D92

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the sides on my 8800 are making crackiling noises from top to bottom. Seems worse near the PTT and volume buttons. Not a big deal but it is annoying. Even with the rubber case on I hear it.

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had the same issue...this is what i did, works well, even did this to my father's today..

Get un-flavored waxed dental floss, take a black sharpie to it and color it black.

Then, take the floss and work it into each side of the device using a business card or something thin enough to get into the sides and work it in...

this will absolutely stop the noise and you will have an wntirly new appreciation for your device as you can now concentrate on the features it offers, not the creaks it makes...

Let me know how it goes..

Dawgfan no está en línea Stack level 2

There has been a LONG thread on this at the BlackberryForums. The floss method works as does pulling the rails (CAREFULLY) and placing thin layers of double-sided tape on the insides of the rails. I have pulled my rails and while I initially planned to put electrical tape on the undersides of my rails, when I did they would not seat well back to the phone. I pulled off all the tape and reapplied the rails and the squeaking stopped. It could be, like someone stated above, that the rails are not clicked in well.

WARNING: If you decide to pull your rails off, you will have to remove part of the back of the phone AND know that the clips are at the bottom and middle of the phone so be careful where you pull and how hard you pull as they are small and could break easily it appears.

Mine has been great since, for several weeks. I and a few others have emailed BB at bbsuggestions@rim.com and expressed concern with the build quality. If you do email them I recommend taking a polite tone as that is what I did and got a pretty good response. It is the FIRST time I have ever had an issue with the build quality of a RIM device. With that said, I think any phone with rails like the 8800 will have a slight noise due to the fact that they are basically an addition to the main casing of the phone. I personally think that RIM just goofed a bit in their attempt to create a more sexy/fashionable phone that we know they needed to compete with some other devices. I have also heard of new 8800s coming from the store with tape already applied to the undersides of the rails.

I was really ticked off when this happened to me after learning that I was not being crazy OCD and others were having this issue as well. It sucks a bit but there are some basic solutions that have worked well for pretty much everyone having this issue.

Good Luck.