Is there a way to create a shortcut so I can call my voicemail without ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

Shortcut for VoiceMail

Advertisement

Is there a way to create a shortcut so I can call my voicemail without having to go to my call log and go through the whole muble jumble?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: Shortcut for VoiceMail

Put your number in the address book and then assign it to a speed dial key, ie 1/w. This is what I have done.

Then all you have to do to call is to hold the button down and there you go.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

I don't think you even have to do that (although it'd of course work as described).

Although it might be carrier/sim dependant, I can just hold down the "1" key and it will dial my voicemail. I don't have a voicemail entry in my addressbook, nor have I set up any speed dial entries.

On my 8800, I click on the Call Log icon, then click the Menu key to the left of the trackball, and scroll down to Options. I click Options and select Voicemail. From there, you put in the voicemail access telephone number and your password. After saving that, you can press "1" and dial voicemail.

If I recall correctly, from my other phones that have speed dial, the "1" key is reserved just for dialing voicemail.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

I have done just like MWPatterson and assigned the "V" key as my 1 touch v/mail access - add your v/m number to your address book...

Make sure you go into Phone-Options and turn off Dial from home screen...

Then ur all set

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar
    I don't think you even have to do that (although it'd of course work as described).

Although it might be carrier/sim dependant, I can just hold down the "1" key and it will dial my voicemail. I don't have a voicemail entry in my addressbook, nor have I set up any speed dial entries.

On my 8800, I click on the Call Log icon, then click the Menu key to the left of the trackball, and scroll down to Options. I click Options and select Voicemail. From there, you put in the voicemail access telephone number and your password. After saving that, you can press "1" and dial voicemail.

If I recall correctly, from my other phones that have speed dial, the "1" key is reserved just for dialing voicemail.
    My bad, I gave incomplete/incorrect info. After I posted, it didn't seem quite right, so I double checked.

I did set up voicemail in my addressbook AND I did set up speed dial (Call Log, Menu key, View Speed Dial List. Menu Key, New Speed Dial, scroll down to the addressbook entry for your voicemail and select it, then save), assigning the voicemail addressbook entry to the "W" key (which, on the qwerty keyboards is the "1" key).

Sorry about that. As a side tip, I put the voicemail password behind the voicemail phone number, using "p"'s to act as pauses, so that I didn't have to enter my voicemail password, so the number entry was +12345678900ppp1234 as an example. Obviously that may have security issues unless you lock your phone but is a timesaver in that you don't have to enter your password seperately.
    Last edited by Klotar; 06-13-2007 at 07:45 PM.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for the great Ideas! This will make checking my messages much easier.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Interesting... I don't have to enter a password for voicemail when checking it from my BB -- just when checking it from other lines.