Hi all, I'm new to the forum so what better way of starting than to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Procreator no está en línea Stack level 1

Short time for password entry

Advertisement

Hi all, I'm new to the forum so what better way of starting than to ask a question.

I have a new 8800, at start up it requests the PIN number followed by a banner stating "code accepted". When the banner disappears the instruction to press * and then the call button to unlock the keyboard pops up. I get all of about a second and a half to push the bottons or the phone shuts off. If this happens twice in row then it will go through some reset procedure that takes at least a couple of minutes.

The time is short but it's tolerable... until you enable the password protect, then you had better be quick if you're to type 4 letters (mine won't admit a password with fewer letters) and then hit the track ball to confirm before that second and a half has elapsed.

My system administrator considered the device defective and was returned and replaced by Vodafone. A new unit was received and it behaves in the exact same way.

Anybody else have a similar experience? Is there a way of getting more time to enter a password? I would prefer to protect with a password but the only way is to use 4 consecutive keys and then hit them in one swipe and it's still a challange to pull it off in time.

Thanks in advance,
    Steve

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Short time for password entry

Welcome to Pinstack... I am bumping this for you

sunsy no está en línea Stack level 1

Its the way of the 8800... I've had this problem and thought it was my machine and had O2 replace - got a new one and its exactly the same.

How those idiots at RIM allowed this to go out I've no idea. The fact that the backlight stays on for next to no time anyway is more than an iritation.

Its a"live with it" thing for now unless someone clever (or someone who uses one) at RIM discovers this gets on their nerves too!

Procreator no está en línea Stack level 1

The closest thing I've come to a solution is to not wait until the "code accepted" banner disappears to start pushing buttons, this will buy you a couple more seconds, this seems to be working every time.

I arrived at this out of pure desperation, the other day I would input the password in time, the home screen would come up for an instant and then the sucker would just shut off. I took at least 10 times before it finally worked and this was when I decided to see what would happen if I didn't wait for the banner to disappear.

Hope it works for you too, it's a bummer starting your day getting P.O.'ed.