I have had my Blackberry 8800 for less than nine months, and the charged battery ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

donarnold no está en línea Stack level 1

Short Battery Life

Advertisement

I have had my Blackberry 8800 for less than nine months, and the charged battery life is surprisingly short already. I shouldn't have to buy a new battery already, should I? Anybody else seeing this problem?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    I have seen it.

Which carrier are you with on your 8800?

Ask them if they can just warranty the battery and test yours when you send it back.

boiseguy83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405956B
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have an 8800 thru TMO and I just started getting this problem a week ago. I feel ur pain.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have a 8830 that I got last sept. I have noticed in that last 3 days that my battery is half gone by noon with no more use than usual. I recently installed bbprofiles. I deleted it today to see if that is the cause of my problems. I hope it is!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Sounds like its time to invest in an extended battery from www.seidioonline.com or www.eaccess.com.

Jonbatch no está en línea Stack level 1
    I also have a 8300 and noticed the battery life is decreasing, so I bought an additional battery and a battery charger.
    I have a spare battery but still not long charges.

I added an instant messenger program, and facebook programs... I can't believe that is an issue.
    Have any ideas??????

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    check and see whats running in the back ground.... in the Apps screen: menu button> switch Apps> and if there is a lot of stuff running there... should be only five or six... phone, BB messenger, Messages, Browser, Home Screen, MyFavs (T-mobile)

also might want to try to condition (cycle) the Battery.... I dont know how you use your device but running it dead and then charging it will kill the battery and eventually make it non-operational. i suggest that you set the AutoOff/On feature to turn your BB off for an hour each night while you are sleeping as to help clear up the programs running in the back ground. At the same time, if you can have it in the charger do.... work, home, car (can be a bad thing with a bad charger so think twice here), and so on.

hope all that helps

PS-- to the newbies.... Welcome to the Stacks

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Hey JCG3,

Thanks for that tip about seeing what apps are running in the background. I wasn't even aware of that. I'm always learning something new here!

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    yeah me too ... just when i thought i knew it all some new guy gotta come in here and make things difficult.... j/k.... back on topic..... any word as to if anything has changed?

BBaholic no está en línea Stack level 2
    I believe it's the Instant Messaging. I recently installed it on my 8800 and my battery life has been sucked down, similar to when GPS is on. I have since turned it off and my battery life lasts significantly longer. I also have my BB turn off at night from 1-4am.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Soon as I deleted bbprofiles, my battery is back to normal!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~