Hi All, First post as I only got my BB 8800 today ! So here's ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

alpap no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2509C7D9

Post Seperate Email responses for each email account

Advertisement

Hi All,

First post as I only got my BB 8800 today !

So here's a little problem which maybe really easy to solve or fiendishly difficult:

I have two seperate email accounts set on Blackberry Internet Option; one for work and one personal.

I have set it up so that when I respond to a message it has a signature block, however I want to use a different one for message I receive from my work email account. so the receiver of my work email will say it originated from my work email account (with sig block and legal notices etc.) and my responses to emails sent to my personal email account will just have my name at the bottom of them.

Hope I have explained that OK !!

Anyone know how I could accomplish this ?

Many Thanks

Alex
    PIN: 2509C7D6

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Seperate Email responses for each email account

Welcome to the Stacks Alex. If you log on to your BIS account with your carrier, you can go in and edit each email account to add a different signature line for each one.

PIN/ID
    2509C7D9

Post Re: Seperate Email responses for each email account

UPDATE: That didn't work as the email signatures and respond address settings are global rather then for each email account that BB gets the emails from - so back to square 1 !

Thanks for trying though.

Thanks for the quick response - I'll try that and hopefully get a solution !

Regards,

Alex
    Last edited by alpap; 03-25-2007 at 12:56 AM.

swtrainer no está en línea Stack level 2

The other option is to create your two signature blocks in autotext and enter the appropriate autotext to insert the signature of your choice - for instance, "See ya! John Doe" could be assigned to autotext "sig1". then when you type sig1 and add a space after it, you get the sig1 signature.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welcome to stack! And congrats on ur 8800

PIN/ID
    2509C7D9

Post Re: Seperate Email responses for each email account

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the welcome !

I like the sig block/smart spell solution and will give that a try and see how it goes.

Best W's

Alex

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by alpap
    UPDATE: That didn't work as the email signatures and respond address settings are global rather then for each email account that BB gets the emails from - so back to square 1 !
    Is your carrier (or are you) not on BIS 2? It should work. Each integrated account has its own autosignature. Your from/reply-to address shouldn't be the same. It should reply using the account that you received from as well...

I guess we first need to confirm which version of BIS you're on. Also -- can you compose an email and select which account you're sending from?

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Welcome to Pinstack!
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I use the autotext for my different signatures, this way it doesn't matter what email account I'm using. I can decide what signature will be most appropriate or even if I want to add one at all. I have four signatures and I use zz, zx, zc, and zv as my autotext shortcuts.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!