I get these funny 3gp movie from a site called myveepers.com and I want to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Joey Ruff no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f52e12

Smile sending 3gp files

Advertisement

I get these funny 3gp movie from a site called myveepers.com and I want to send them via mms or email. Problem is that when I go to media I only have "Transfer by Bluetooth " Option. In email client only an option to send audio file or image. So my question is how do I send video via mms or email. Thanks
    ?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: sending 3gp files

The problem you are going to run into is going to be the size of the file. Current US network limitations do not allow a video (that is taken by the phone) to be sent if it is longer than 15 seconds (which is why most phones won't record longer than that). I don't know if anyone has found a way to get around this limitation even through email yet. Once they get the 3G network fully running and debugged, that limitation should disappear. I do know that Cingular has already announced their intentions of having video calling by the end of the year on some of their 3G handsets.

Zo.

Joey Ruff no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f52e12

How is that? A 15 second video could be 5 mb or it could be 100k. There isnt even an option to send any kind of video. The idea that it is a U.S. regulation is incorrect because if I send the file via blue tooth to a Motorola Razr Also on the Cingular network, I can send it to any phone on most networks except verizon. These files are 7 seconds long and around 54 k. MAbey you did not understand. I am not taking video with the phone ( How can I it's an 8800) So I will ask again. Is there any way to send any type of video , any size any length with the RIM 8800? Thank you.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You never mentioned the size of the file in your original post so I thought that might be an issue. The 15 second videos I am talking about are ones that the phones record so they are not very big. As far as specifically running into issues with the 8800, don't know. My 8700 has no issues sending videos I recieve from others through email or sms. As far as the size being a US regulation, that is not what I said. It is a network limitation due to the slow speed of the 2g network right now.

Zo