Hi all, Just got my 8830 today and this things is awsome! One thing I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

i7100i no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304AD7D0

SD Card Ringer Help

Advertisement

Hi all, Just got my 8830 today and this things is awsome! One thing I can't figure out. I imported some songs from Itunes and they play great in the media player but will not work when i assign them as a ring tone, what am I doing wrong? FYI when i import the songs i am just clicking and draging from I tunes to My SD card in MAss Storage mode

Please Help!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: SD Card Ringer Help

I dont have an 8830 yet, will have it withing 2 weeks though.

Let me take a stab at this, someone yell at me if Im wrong. Can you assign ringtones from your card, or does the tone have to be on your phone memory? If it can be from the card make sure its in the right folder. Let us know how it goes.

PIN/ID
    304AD7D0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I figured out that I need to covert the songs to an mp3 format first. Does anyone know how to export a song from itunes in an mp3 format? Or a way to export songs directly to my sd card that will be compatable with my media player?

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i actually use my songs as ringtones on my 8830. I convert them to mp3 and save them then I just assign them to the contacts I want or general ringtones. I have all mine playing as tones directly from my sd card. I do not have them saved in internal memory. While I have no personal experience with itunes I have transferred (switched) audio files to mp3 and they work. I have few of my favorite lines from seinfeld that I transferred from the dvd to mp3 and no issues

PIN/ID
    304AD7D0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~interesting thing, maybe a cpu wiz knows the answer. When I click and drag a song from itunes to my berry in mass storage mode on my pc, it does not transfer over as an mp3. When I do the same on my mac ibook it DOES transfer over as an mp3. This is fine with me for most of my music is on my mac, but I wonder why that is?

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

I doubt you can convert an iTunes file since it's copyright protected. Protected content can't be converted (supposedly). The reason being that it strips the protection status and I also understand that MP3 formats can't be protected (I could be wrong about that part, but I'm pretty sure it's correct).

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

Sounds correct to me. What you would have to do is burn the iTunes to a cd and then rip the cd to mp3 files on your computer. You can then put them on any device.