I cut some songs to maybe 25 sec and put them on a microsd card ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

cruisinSTI no está en línea Stack level 1

Ringtone Cuts Short

I cut some songs to maybe 25 sec and put them on a microsd card i bought, i then set them as my ringtone but when somebody calls it only plays about 5 sec and then starts over. I tried everything and still no luck. Do you guys have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

jock no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Ringtone Cuts Short

I had this problem with My Thin Lizzy, Whiskey in the Jar Riff. When I downloaded it as a WAV it ws 2.7meg and played ok if I tested it but when set as a ringtone only the first 5 secs played. I converted it to MP3 and the file size shrank to 450k when I downloaded and set this smaller file as the ringtone it plays the entire tone no problem.

I did not investigate further but it might be worth yrying this. Maybe sombody else knows why?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Ringtone Cuts Short

Welcome to pinstack cruisinSTI. In your profiles set your "number of beeps" to 1, instead of 2 or 3. I dont have your BB so cant get you straight to the setting, but that may solve your problem. Good luck, let us know.