Does anyone know how to lengthen the number of rings when receiving calls on my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

fitz123 no está en línea Stack level 1

ringer length

Advertisement

Does anyone know how to lengthen the number of rings when receiving calls on my 8800.
    When I have it in the magnetic blackberry holster, i hear it ringer but when i extract phone it hangs the call up , this means i have to call the caller back increasing my bills

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: ringer length

It shouldn't be hanging up calls when you unholster. If you're hitting the red button while unholstering it will send your caller directly to voicemail so make sure you're not doing that. If you're hitting the mute button while unholstering it only silences the ringer.

To increase your ring time, I suggest calling your carrier. You can use the *61 feature code to do this yourself but you'd need to search for the instructions and you would need to know the number for your voicemail center. It's probably easier to have your carrier do this for you.

temoore no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: ringer length

As mentioned, you can use the *61 codes. For AT&T it is:
    *61*XXXXXXXXXX**30#

where XXXXXXXXXXX is the forwarding number, which can be found in the phone application, options, Call Forwarding, if no reply.

You can substitue some other number for 30, ranging from 5 to 30 in increments of 5. This is the number of seconds to ring before going to voice mail. I have entries in my address book for these, so when I go into a meeting, sometimes I will want the ring time to be short as I will not be answering it, so I have it ring for just 10 seconds. I have *answer length set as a contact, and two phone numbers set as above, one with 30 seconds, and one with 10 seconds. Easy to swictch by just calling one of the two numbers.

schuman no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: ringer length - call lost out of holster

I have an 8830 and had the call lost when pulling out of the holster as well. A tech at the VZW store told me it could be the magnet in the holster that causes it to drop. I have since put my 8830 in the opposite way and have not lost a call at all. Thought I would pass along the tip.