OK, so I got the above e-mail in my in-box. I scoured the posts located ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

supermarkff no está en línea Stack level 1

Question RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

Advertisement

OK, so I got the above e-mail in my in-box. I scoured the posts located here and pretty much know why this error occurs. The problem is I don't own a Blackberry, never have. It did not come through my work, either. This occurred at my home address and I am just concerned of its origin specifically if this could be an attempt at a hack or some other malicious behavior.
    I am thinking that it may be possible that someone mis-typed an e-mail address. And since i have only received one of these (so far) and everyone else that has this issue seems to get them periodically...
    Any thoughts are appreciated.

Mark

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

This does appear that someone was trying to activate their BB through a BES and entered the wrong email address or they could have been trying to add someone to their BB messenger via an email address. If you only received it once, they probably discovered their mistake and resent the request to the correct address.

Maybe you should just go ahead and get you a BB now since you took the time to become a member, that IS the next logical step...haha :-)
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

supermarkff no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

I'll be upgrading soon. Thanks for easing my mind