Let me start by saying I'm not the most experienced BT user. I don't usually ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

cyclomatic no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Review: BlueAnt X3 Micro

Let me start by saying I'm not the most experienced BT user. I don't usually need many bells and whistles. And trying out the endless varieties can lead to dissapointment, sore ears and empty pockets. So this is my humble opinion.

Picked up a Blueant X3 Micro. My first inclination was the Jawbone (I'll post later on that) but wanted to try something less pricey. Cost $60 most stores when you can find it. I paid $45 at J&R Express at the Cellar in Macy's. I believe that was the sale price down from $55. You can find it on the internet at $40 & up.

First off the X3 comes out the box with a flexible USB charger. That attaches to the car and wall chargers, also included in the box. After 2 hours charging I turned it on and it went right into pairing mode. Connecting was flawless and following the user friendly manual is cake. You can connect up to 3 devices to the X3.

The size is small and it comes in many color option. Burnt (Texas) Orange, White, Blue, Black and Pink. However, finding them in various colors has been a bit challenging. It looks great and the size should be a plus for most. I wanted Orange (easy to see when I need to find it off my ear) but decided to go with black to match the look of my 8800. Inside the box you'll find two ear hooks and two ear gels (standard and large of each) for custom fit. At first I wasn't sure about the fit but after the first few hours, I now can wear it comfortably hours at a time if need be. Just don't try to push it far into your's not suppose to be. I love the design that it swivels from left ear to right without complicated changes of hooks or ear gels. My ears are on the small side so I use standard sizes. Comfort for me has been excellent.

So far I can say the stand-by time has been outstanding. The clarity when listening is great. I've had no complaints in regard to "can" or "well" voice. I keep my volume near 50% and adjust up as needed which isn't too often indoors. Range is as listed (30ft) and maybe a bit more. Background noise is pick up about avgerage. People will hear the noise but that's like any other BT I've spoken in or listened to. Again, sound is very clear.

High marks for charging quickly, mutiple hooks and gels included, excellent user manual.
    The asthetics and size rival any other BT in my opinion with color options to please of the masses.
    Let's not forget stand-by time, talk time, voice clarity and range. Background noise isn't the greatest but far from the worst and beats out many Motorola's in my opinion.

I feel one would be hard pressed to find a better BT for under $80 and I would argue at maybe more. I think anyone looking for an affordable and quality unit, hands down this is it.

Oh yeah, backed by a 2yr warranty as well.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

Re: Review: BlueAnt X3 Micro

Thanks for the review. Well done

~via My BB Curve (

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Review: BlueAnt X3 Micro

Ive been owning the same BT headset in black and the plus is that it comes with many useful accessories out the box. It's simple to use and pairs rather quickly. I love my blueant x3 and looking to upgrade to the BlueAnt V12, KUDOS to your review!!!!!!!!!