Every thread I found it seems as if the poster wants the BB to lock ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

ripperj no está en línea Stack level 1

Reverse holster lock?

Advertisement

Every thread I found it seems as if the poster wants the BB to lock when put in the holster.

MY case is this-the holster is on my belt and does not come off during the day. I want the BB to lock if out of the holster for more than XX time, but not when its in the holster.

Is this possible?

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

Re: Reverse holster lock?

Yep.
    Go into Options>Security>General Settings
    Set Security Timeout to "X" minutes or hours and set Lock Handheld Upon Holstering to "No"
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

ripperj no está en línea Stack level 1

That is what I have set, but even with"lock handheld upon holstering" to No- it still times out and locks in the holster.

Stupid question, does it matter which way i put the BB in the holster? It auto screens off both ways!

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

oh yeah, it'll still lock after X minutes in the holster. I forgot about that variable.
    If you were a true crackberry addict it wouldn't be in your holster for long anyway! :-P
    wish I could help, I don't know of a way to do what you're looking for.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

The timer for the lock doesn't have different settings for whether the BB is holstered or not. As has already been mentioned you can only decide whether or not you want the BB locked as it is being holstered.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

there is a app called autolock that will do exactly what you are looking for...

http://www.geekandproud.net/blackber...k/autolock.jad
    Michael

agentofdarkness no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a similar problem. I have a BlackBerry 8830 and I would like to have the keypad (and screen turn off) after a couple seconds of inactivity. I tried to security timeout but it doesn't work. However, I did not disable the holster lock. Will the app work for me?

delise no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312F6678

Quote Originally Posted by agentofdarkness
    I have a similar problem. I have a BlackBerry 8830 and I would like to have the keypad (and screen turn off) after a couple seconds of inactivity. I tried to security timeout but it doesn't work. However, I did not disable the holster lock. Will the app work for me?

You can set the screen and keyboard lighting to turn off in Options> Display/Keyboard. However, it will turn back on when you press any key. Is this what you mean?

J

agentofdarkness no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by delise
    You can set the screen and keyboard lighting to turn off in Options> Display/Keyboard. However, it will turn back on when you press any key. Is this what you mean?

J
    Not exactly. On the other phone I had, it would lock the key pad after XX seconds. If you pressed any key, it would tell you to press the * and talk key to unlock. My blackberry does this, but only if I put the phone in the holster. I would like the phone to lock after XX seconds. I tried to AutoLock program, but the application manager said it cannot load .jad file, some XML error.