I've got an interesting problem with my 8800. Through my Gmail account I can send ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

teslaesque no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Replies to emails show no text.

Advertisement

I've got an interesting problem with my 8800. Through my Gmail account I can send and receive emails just fine, but when someone replies to an email I send them, I only get the quoted copy of my email--not their responding text-- in the reply. Has anyone heard of such a problem or know how to fix it? Thanks!

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Replies to emails show no text.

That problem has been around since the upgrade to BIS 2.3 and has been covered here a coupl etimes.

The issue is that it sent in HTML and the BB cannot handle HTML email. Not yet at least. The RIM workaround is to tell the sender to not use HTML. Not the right answer IMHO.

There is a software product in development to fix this however. Not sure when it will be released or the cost.

Sorry that I can't provide a better answer.

teslaesque no está en línea Stack level 1

Oh well. thanks for your help!

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

I believe from your description, that it's just a gmail setting. If I go to gmail.com using a desktop browser, I don't see all the previous emails either unless I click on "Show quoted text". As an indication of how many previous emails are contained in your thread, look at the number in brackets next to the name. If it says, "John Doe (12)", it means there are 11 quoted replies in there, but are hidden unless you choose to see them. You can also click on the folder looking tabs above the message to see more thread information.

If that isn't what you mean, let us know.