Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by calm_tiger You will get use to the track ball and love it ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: replace 8700 or get 8800

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger
    You will get use to the track ball and love it !
    Not everyone does or wants to.

Again, different people have different preferences. Some prefer SureType. Some prefer a specific model's keyboard. Some can't stand a specific model's keyboard. Try them all out for yourself and see is the only practical answer to be offered.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I say go with the 8800, or the girlfriend-proof 7520

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e

i have them both, 8700 and 8800....both excellent, cant go wrong....for $10, go with the 8800, it has the GPS, and has a few other media features....sexier phone overall...

4thgenlude no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240f5bce

I just upgraded from my 8700g to the 8800, and I love it!

Its got GPS which is really handy, and then its also got the trackball which I also find to be very helpful, especially when surfing the web!

tfc25 no está en línea Stack level 2

Honestly I struggled with this decision too and also never looked back. I have the silver one - that's my only complaint ( that verizon didn't come out with a black one since it now looks so much like the Q. But oh well. For $10, it won't hurt. But they keyboard takes a lot getting used to so try it out and if you don't like it switch back. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Honestly I struggled with this decision too and also never looked back. I have the silver one - that's my only complaint ( that verizon didn't come out with a black one since it now looks so much like the Q. But oh well. For $10, it won't hurt. But the keyboard takes a lot getting used to so try it out and if you don't like it switch back. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by tfc25; 08-22-2007 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged.

vdiddy no está en línea Stack level 2

I think that they make up for less spacing between the keys by putting little little grooves on each key. My transition from the 8700g to the 8800 was very smooth...why not get a newer model for 10 dollars more? I used to have trouble typing T's...but I'm better than ever now, lol.

sallenthornton no está en línea Stack level 1

Well... I ttried to go ahead and order the 8800. But! I was told they are backordered and it *could* take up to 6 weeks before they would have any.

The 8700g is s still available but they are phasing it out. I was able to get 1 from them. Cell one is in the process of stocking a big order for the 8700 and they will not have any available to them.

Where I work, the 8700g is the phone given to all the senior members and all the Soldiers involved at the Garrison level.

So my plan is to get an 8700 and when they get the 8800 in, if its within my 14 day return maybe try it out. I played with the pearl to see how I would like the trackball thingy. I think I prefer the scroll wheel. The track ball was ok, just didn't prefer to the scroll.

Also, I am thinking of sending my bb the girlfreind through in for repair. I will order a housing from ebay and replace that, I think the screen needs to be replaced also. It doesn't look cracked but when its turned on it is all black and murky looking. I really really like the 8700g. Maybe becase its my bb first. Kind alike a first born..

Cell one was sold to AT and T and the sale should be completed within a few months. Do they have the curve? If so, maybe pick that one up in a few months. Thats the bb I want(I think). Always the waiting game.. sigh

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I love my 8700, no experience with the 8800 though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12