Some time ago, I had installed Opera 3 on my BB8800. I couldn't get it ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3

Removing Opera 3

Advertisement

Some time ago, I had installed Opera 3 on my BB8800. I couldn't get it to connect so I just use the default internet browser. However, I find I am unable to uninstall it. It shows up on the applications screen, but I can't see it in applications under settings. I also doesn't show up in DM. How do I uninstall it? The only way I could think of is by wiping the BB, but I don't want to do that as it would mean reinstalling everything else back. (I can't use backup/restore as Opera gets restored back too!). Help please.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Do you have a recent backup before installing Opera?

Softreset/battery pull?

Have you tried running the App Loader and seeing if it says unknown something "will remove"?

For example, when I uninstall an app but don't restart my phone its still there. If I was to connect my phone to pc for DM it would recognize it and get rid f it then.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Lucky - many thanks for that reply. I don't have a pre-Opera backup and no, battery pull doesn't help. I was wondering if its possible to do a partial backup or restore? That way I could leave out Opera... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    i do not have access to my pc right now...but isnt there an advanced button in the backup/restore window?
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Lucky... yes, there is an advanced button in the backup/restore screen. But it appears to me to be really for user data and not for applications. Anyway, I did a selective backup, carefully selecting only user data, then wiped my BB. It restarted showing ALL the programs that were there before it was wiped, without the user data. I was able to restore my info with a restore, but I'm back to Step 1 as far as removing Opera goes!!