[FONT=Arial] I am having problems receiving emails from my accounts. It seems to take way ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

macaholic no está en línea Stack level 1

Receiving email

[FONT=Arial]I am having problems receiving emails from my accounts. It seems to take way too long to get them. Is there any I can do to speed it up. My bb 8700 was extremely fast when it came to sending and receiving email, so I'm wounding why my 8800 is so slow. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Thanks in advance![/FONT]

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Receiving email

~via BB ( deleting your accounts and then adding them back on or you can try resending your service books and see if that resolves the issues.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4

Please define "way too long".

If you are on BIS, RIM polls your email servers about every 15 minutes and pushes what email it finds to your BB. It will then poll again in 2-3 minutes and if it finds something, it will push and repoll. If it finds nothing, RIM will wait 15 minutes to poll again and the process begins again.

Some people have had success in getting near real time by forwarding their mail to Gmail or Yahoo. Personally BIS works great for me and a 15 min delay is not an issue. I suggest doing a search on either gmail or yahoo and see what you can find, if that method interests you.

Resending service books and pulling the battery for about 30 seconds cures many ills and may help your situation as well.

tommyinnyc no está en línea Stack level 1

I am not sure if the threaded SMS has been answered but if anyone knows of a third party aplication that would be great. To better understand the threaded SMS I know Symbian Wave developed one for Sonys and Nokias. the call it SMS chat and pictures can be found on their website.