Hi all, So I just got my first Blackberry, the 8800 from Cingular, yesterday and ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

novellozz no está en línea Stack level 1

Really, really confused by this Bluetooth stereo thing

Advertisement

Hi all,

So I just got my first Blackberry, the 8800 from Cingular, yesterday and I am severely impressed so far compared to my previous Treo. This thing is great...with one minor exception

For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to get any media, music or videos, to play through any type of "standard" headset. My first thought was to get a 3/32 mono adapter to 1/8 stereo plug connector from Radio Shack so I could just plug in my usual in ear headphones. No dice.

So then I figure I'd try my stereo headphones, and while the converter got me close (could hear music in one ear), the bluetooth provides absolutely nothing. I understand there is some A2DP issue or something (which I won't pretend to understand), but the way I read this

<I was going to insert a URL here, but I can't...search RIM's support site for KB13723 and you'll see what I mean>

There should be an update available that can do this.

In addition to all that, in the properties of my stereo headset, it had A2DPSink under the services section. Is this not the A2DP profile....cause it sure looks close enough to this newbie

Any help or explaination would be appreciated. Thanks!

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Really, really confused by this Bluetooth stereo thing

Hello Novel - take a peek at the 8300 thread, we went through this just a bit ago.
    Explained the whole A2DP issue and all (for the Bluetooth headset/headphone). Evo also lists a trick to play the song through a non A2DP headphone (mono)

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I don't think there's any way to get the 8800 to support A2DP just yet. For wired stereo headsets get one of the audio adapters from Seidio (or use RIM's stereo headset).

adam.graves no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319F7C33

works fine on 8830 from Sprint, I have the Motorola S9 stereo bt

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Yup -- the 8830 isn't an 8800... It's OS is a bit newer than the 8800.