Hi, can anyone help with this? I have an 8800 and the voicemail icon has ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

RandomIcons???? no está en línea Stack level 1

Random Icons on Desktop

Advertisement

Hi, can anyone help with this? I have an 8800 and the voicemail icon has been displaying constantly for a little while now even when my mailbox is empty and now the messenger icon is doing the same thing.

Any idea why it's doing this and how I reset it; it's really bugging me!

Cheers!

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Random Icons on Desktop

Start will doing a battery pull.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

RandomIcons???? no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

Cheers for speedy response. This is odd; battery pull has got rid of spurious Messenger icon but voicemail one still remains. This has been like this since I used in in Canada (not sure if that helps)

Out of interest; why is a battery pull more effective than just turning it off and then on again?

Cheers,

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it flushes the memory and forced the device to do security and systems checks again AFAIK

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You can also try alt-right shift-del twice. It's supposed to be equivalent to a battery pull but I have had some cases where a battery pull worked but the alt-right shift-del twice didn't...

Try leaving yourself a voicemail and then delete it. Sometimes your carrier's voicemail system doesn't properly update your device's VM indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomIcons????
    Out of interest; why is a battery pull more effective than just turning it off and then on again?
    Power Off on a BB is really more like standby. If you notice, when you turn it on after powering off it comes up very quickly. After a battery pull, power on takes considerably longer as it performs all its checks and so on.
    Last edited by takeshi; 08-09-2007 at 12:51 PM.