The QuickPlayer for BlackBerry streams audiocasts of the latest news, business, sports and more every ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6

Quickplayer for Blackberry! Anyone seen this?

Advertisement

The QuickPlayer for BlackBerry streams audiocasts of the latest news, business, sports and more every day on your BlackBerry. Visit getQuickPlayer.com from your BlackBerry device to get it now. The service is free to download and preview and costs $7.95 USD a month (not including applicable data charges that may apply from your wireless carrier) to get unlimited access to all channels. There are over 100 channels updated daily!
    8703e now supported
    The QuickPlayer service uses the data capability of your BlackBerry device to stream the audiocast. The subscription price for the service does not include Standard Data Fees that may apply from your carrier. This service is ideal for BlackBerry subscribers with Unlimited Data Plans. If you are not subscribed to an unlimited data plan and through the use of the service you exceed your data limit, your carrier will charge you an additional data fee based on their published data fees. This can be expensive, so please ensure that you already have or are going to sign up for a data plan that will allow at least 20 MB of data per month above what you use for other data services. Please consult with your carrier to ensure that you are on a plan that will be suitable for use with the QuickPlayer.
    If you are a current QuickPlayer subscriber and you wish to edit your subscription status, visit our FAQ here.

I got this through the Blackberry owners lounge newsletter. I did the download for preview and it works great. The preview only allows you to hear briefly (subscription involved), but it works!

http://www.getquickplayer.com/pc/home.jsp

lkrhodes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: Quickplayer for Blackberry! Anyone seen this?

I am going to check it out! What's the address of the news letter you subscribe to? I would like to check it out also! Thanks!

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Thumbs up Re: Quickplayer for Blackberry! Anyone seen this? Yea I actually downloaded it, I was waiting to hear some feedback about it, before I subscribed to anything. I think I just might try it out 2nite!! Ill make sure I let you know what I find!!

Yea I actually downloaded it, I was waiting to hear some feedback about it, before I subscribed to anything. I think I just might try it out 2nite!! Ill make sure I let you know what I find!!

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

Yeah I used to use this awhile back but deleted it because I didn't want to get a subscription. However, I did like the program and it worked great!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246b7029

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i tried it and it seems to be a pretty good application!

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

I use it and its great! Finaly some good media content directed to the bberry!
    Soon we'll have streaming vids and flash!
    Join the blackberry revolution

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6

Quote Originally Posted by lkrhodes
    I am going to check it out! What's the address of the news letter you subscribe to? I would like to check it out also! Thanks!
    I was on Blackberry.com, they have an owners lounge link and that's where you sign up for the newsletter and access to other stuff they say you can only get from there.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I had it but I deleted it lol.. didn't want to pay the montly fee hahah.

billytickets no está en línea Stack level 2

im sick of monthly fees, cant you do the same thing with a slingbox on the 7130e

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

SLINGBOX !!!

Good Investment, looking to get one myself.

And why isn't there a trial period? Not even a short one. 48 hours to try would be nice.
    Last edited by peguero; 03-07-2007 at 01:07 PM.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by billytickets
    im sick of monthly fees, cant you do the same thing with a slingbox on the 7130e
    I believe Slingbox and Sony's Location Free Player (I have this one- works great with my laptop) only work on certain Windows Mobile phones.

ericjmess no está en línea Stack level 2

tried it, worked fine but also didn't want another monthly subscription. Plus, streaming audio isn't too exciting. I'm waiting for streaming video support (has BB heard me yet?? haha) to pair with either a slingbox or with software that can stream my home video/audio content like www.orb.com (free to use by the way, and worked AWESOME on the blackjack I tried before I bought the Pearl).

lkrhodes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Thanks for the info

cdickens no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

This has been released for a while and there is a thead already out that has this so if any of you need some more info on this you could search for the thread on pinstack and you will find it.

Thanks for the info anyway though,

COJO 24