I am quite new to BB and my 8800 so forgive me if this is ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2

Quick way to change to silent on your 8800

Advertisement

I am quite new to BB and my 8800 so forgive me if this is rather obvious. This works with my supplier - Vodafone's own theme - any maybe others as well.
    To quckly go into different sound altert modes or silent from your home screen, simply roll the pearl across to the right - this will highlight the sound icon, then press the pearl and you can select your desired altert. Much better than going through all the different menus.

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Quick way to change to silent on your 8800

i encountered this issue too when i switched from the pearl as the pearl has a key taht i can just press and hold and it'll change between your current profile and the last selected. i dont' think the 8800 has the same key function BUT, if you disable "dial from home screen" option in the phone log menu -> options, then when you're in the home screen, just press F and the profile menu will pop up. Hope this wasn't too confusing and is helpful...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

The first method depends on the theme you're using but the F shortcut should work regardless of theme if you have disabled Dial From Home Screen.

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2

But I like speed dial! Its a pity you cannot have some fast function buttons and some speed dials. Meanwhile I will go back to eating the cake that I have!

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3

haha you can still use speed dial, just not from the home screen. not all that inconvenient as you can just press the green phone key and then speed dial...

dropmyload no está en línea Stack level 2

go to option then to screen/keyboard

Just program your convinience key ( the button at the side) to activate profile whatever mode is available (mine gives vibrate as default).

Then you can go to that profile and make it mute for everything.

try it and let me know if it works