I could not find anyone who ran into this problem while unlocking the vendor themes. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

BBjunkie87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F7D02D

quick question

Advertisement

I could not find anyone who ran into this problem while unlocking the vendor themes. I followed the instructions exactly, but when I open DM I am not prompted for an update. When I run apploader, still no update available. If I click next next on app loader I get the error about the browser cannot be updated because of the missing file net_rim_browser.xml. So, I reinstalled the OS (4.5) on the PC, edited the alx file, deleted the vendor file, same error. Anyone have a solution? Thanks.

PIN/ID
    20F7D02D
    *correction* the exact error says "Invalid Configuration, the application 'browser' cannot be loaded because the application 'net.rim.blackberry.xml' could not be found"
    Anyone have any ideas?

PIN/ID
    20F7D02D
    So far, after doing some research, it would seem that error means I made a mistake in editing the alx file. Okay, makes sense, however I went through, quadruple checked my work, even tried the variety of methods out there for this, and I made not a single mistake yet I still get the error, does this mean something is wrong with my BB itself?

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Or it could be that your download is missing that file, you could either try to download a file from a different site, or you could google the name of that that and then just manually add it in through internet explorer
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    20F7D02D
    Well, I know its not the OS download since before I edit the alx file, everything works perfectly. Its after I edit the file that I get the error, but I have gone over everything multiple times and I find no mistakes in the alx file.

PIN/ID
    20F7D02D
    Okay, I figured it out. My computer's setting for non-unicode programs was set to Japanese (I do business with a lot of Japanese customers) which was messing up some of the characters in the alx file, once I switched it to english everything worked. Funny how what seems like the most complicated problems have the simplest solutions.