Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone familiar with the required settings for getting video to play on the 8830. Any ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

nyucdbb no está en línea Stack level 1

QT Pro Encoding

Advertisement

Anyone familiar with the required settings for getting video to play on the 8830. Any video I encode with QT is not playing on the phone, and I've used the recommended perimeters posted on Blackberry's support website. The phone keeps displaying "Loading..." without any video play.

Blessings,

Dmitry
    John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: QT Pro Encoding

i didnt know you could play quicktime videos thats more like streaming video i might be wrong tho

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    i didnt know you could play quicktime videos thats more like streaming video i might be wrong tho
    Kane,

The 8830 doesn't support QT video, but you can use QT Pro to encode video into other formats.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Try an avi or mpg format as see how those do. The BB can't do qt or mov formats.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive found roxio for bb to be quite easy in encoding and converting vids to work on the bb. I'm not that tech savy, but I haven't had any trouble yet. Even divx vids convert nicely.

I run Mac OS and find QT Pro a bit more compatible for my needs. I've tried mpg, 3gpp, avi, and others without any success. I'm starting to think that the 8830 is somehow crippled.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I'm not sure about the 8830 but I used QT Pro on my old 8100 and 8300 and used the 3gp format.
    Try this thread and see if it helps, http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...quicktime.html
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    I'm not sure about the 8830 but I used QT Pro on my old 8100 and 8300 and used the 3gp format.
    Try this thread and see if it helps, http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...quicktime.html
    Tried this with no results. Most of the time it tries to load the video followed by "The media being played is of an unsupported format".

Max'dBerry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301A8C9C

Question Re: QT Pro Encoding

Quote Originally Posted by nyucdbb View Post
    Tried this with no results. Most of the time it tries to load the video followed by "The media being played is of an unsupported format".
    thats exactly what i get, and i have tried several diffent encoding programs, and many different formats. and the roxio for bb wont work on either of my computers. when i try to run it, windows gives me this error msg: 16 bit windows subsystem C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windos applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application

PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by nyucdbb View Post
    I run Mac OS and find QT Pro a bit more compatible for my needs. I've tried mpg, 3gpp, avi, and others without any success. I'm starting to think that the 8830 is somehow crippled.
    I would call not being able to use an almost Apple proprietary format 'crippled'. Maybe a bit impaired, but there are many other much better integrated media formats out there to use. I would think most portable video players on the market today can't play quicktime formatted media. It's just not as universal a portable format as say, mpg, .3gp, even small .avi. Hopefully the time will come when we don't have to worry about what format will play in your device since decoders will be installed to handle the different formats.

PIN/ID
    312C4157

That should read, "I would not call"

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    I would call not being able to use an almost Apple proprietary format 'crippled'. Maybe a bit impaired, but there are many other much better integrated media formats out there to use. I would think most portable video players on the market today can't play quicktime formatted media. It's just not as universal a portable format as say, mpg, .3gp, even small .avi. Hopefully the time will come when we don't have to worry about what format will play in your device since decoders will be installed to handle the different formats.
    The files are not in quicktime extension. I'm basically using QT Pro to convert my avi files so that I can play them on the blackberry, but I can't figure out the settings to get the videos to play. I'm thinking I should just forfeit $50 and call Blackberry Tech Support.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

verizon is your service provider? hummmm.. Ive been able to transfer video to the BB. And used the Roxio program to do it. I DID not remove the chip to move the videos. I used the program to transfer them to the device.
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

Yes, they are, but I purchased this phone off EBay and Verizon will not offer any support for it. I can transfer pretty much any other file except video. I've heard that people have been very successful with Roxio; however, BB's PocketMac has no support for media transfer.
    Last edited by nyucdbb; 11-07-2007 at 10:39 PM. Reason: hmm

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

That sucks. I feel ya.
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast