I was reading the manual for the 8800, and it says quite clearly, if you ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B

Puzzling Bluetooth headset behavior with 8800

Advertisement

I was reading the manual for the 8800, and it says quite clearly, if you hold the button on your headset, you can say a voice command.

Holding the button long enough is what turns off my headset, and I am quite certain that is how most work.

So, a quick tap makes my phone call voicemail. The things I'd like to say about whoever programmed the phone to do that instead of initiating a voice command.... they would melt the internet. All of it.

I tried holding it a bit, but not long enough to turn off the headset, and both waited for the voice dial software to grace my screen, and also tried speaking before that happened while holding the button. The "quick" holding of the button was apparently quick enough to not count as a "hold", and it keeps dialing my voicemail.

So, is there a way to make it NOT dial voicemail when I hit my bluetooth headset's button? And also, can I assign the headset button to voice dialing the same way I assigned the application convenience button on the side of the phone? Whether it can be done in the menus, or with 3rd party software, I'd like to hear about it. I would actually pay a reasonable amount to change that behavior. I am dreading a seemingly inevitable "no.", so I would love it if someone can give me a pleasant surprise here.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Puzzling Bluetooth headset behavior with 8800

On my curve i just tap the button, just like i was hanging up, and it pulls up my voicedialing. I don't think I had to do anything to get it to work.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    22C7107B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ That's nice for your curve, but I'm not inquiring about a curve.

I am asking why the headset behaves contrary to the user manual on an 8800. Is there some updated spec for a bluetooth headset interface that I'm unaware of? (Not sure I mentioned previously, but this is a Jabra 250v, I think. Maybe two years old.)

The same headset worked as you describe on your Curve with my Moto e815, but I also noticed the headset volume buttons no longer seem to work... I didn't even think that function had anything to do with the phone, but rather an internal amp.

Now, are you telling me that in OS 4.2.2 I can expect this to work normal? I'd like to hear from one of our friends across the pond with an 8820.

I am hoping someone can tell me if I've somehow set it up wrong, also.

Bigberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

im using a blackberry 655 with my 8200, all i have to do is hold the button down until i hear a tone and then i hear the voice saying "say a command"
    I haven't had to set this up it happens automatically.
    I hope this helps
    Technology Took Away My Vinyl

PIN/ID
    22C7107B
    Kind of. Shall I assume that holding down the button is not what turns off your headset?Maybe I just have an unfortunate choice in headsets...

Bigberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

When the headset is off I hold the button down for about 5 seconds until it turns blue and it pairs up with my bb. Then if i want to voice dial i press and hold the button as described above.
    To turn it off i press and hold it for about 5 seconds until the button turns red.
    Technology Took Away My Vinyl

PIN/ID
    22C7107B

Hmm. Either my headset takes four seconds to shut off, or something else is wrong.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~