I initialized PTT on my AT&T Blackberry and I shouldn't have...now I have an annoying ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

dmbevrydy91 no está en línea Stack level 1

PTT and 8800 how to get rid of it

Advertisement

I initialized PTT on my AT&T Blackberry and I shouldn't have...now I have an annoying blue dot because the PTT is not turned on but it is there anyway. I've read many threads on how to get rid of PTT for good but i still can't figure out how to do it on my 8800.

I've seen references to files that end in .alx and i can't find the platform on that everyone talks about and then there is the javaloader and i have no idea what that is...i'm new to the Blackberry thing.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to just get rid of PTT off of my phone...thanks.

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: PTT and 8800 how to get rid of it

Removing PTT
    javaloader.exe -usb erase -f net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod
    javaloader.exe -usb erase -f KnJCDE.cod

Type those in the command line with your BB hooked up via USB cable only. One command at a time because it will reboot after the first one.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

Audit,

thanks for responding...I'm not sure what command line I'm supposed to be typing this in...I used the command prompt within windows and it says that javaloader.exe is not recognized as an internal or exernal command, operable program or batch file...so I'm guessing i'm doing something wrong...any ideas?

PIN/ID
    ASK

Sorry, you need to download the JL Program. I put it up at http://webpages.charter.net/audit01/JL_Cmder.rar

Just unrar that to a folder, Open a command prompt on your system and goto that folder and run the commands above.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

Audit,

Thank you, that worked great...is there an area on this forum that talks about what more these javaloader and other programs do?

Thanks again.

PIN/ID
    ASK

Not sure but if you a search for JL_Cmder you might find some threads, In that rar file you will see a program for doing screenshots of your Blackberry also if you ever want to take some for posting.
    audit
    -

chrisb3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3048984c

Quote Originally Posted by dmbevrydy91
    I initialized PTT on my AT&T Blackberry and I shouldn't have...now I have an annoying blue dot because the PTT is not turned on but it is there anyway. I've read many threads on how to get rid of PTT for good but i still can't figure out how to do it on my 8800.

I've seen references to files that end in .alx and i can't find the platform on that everyone talks about and then there is the javaloader and i have no idea what that is...i'm new to the Blackberry thing.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to just get rid of PTT off of my phone...thanks.
    The .alx file in question is found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8800xxxxxx (whatever the latest 8800 OS dir that's in the "Loader Files" dir).

Open "platform" with notepad. Find the PTT entry and change the region code to something other than 102 (AT&T). Make it 220 or something like that. Save the file.

Be sure to delete the vendor.xml file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Start the DM and plug in your 8800. It will remove PTT from your 8800.

jorgeg.ledes no está en línea Developer

nice work guys
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

bfdm_mexi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a27821

i can't get this to work.. Im using vista and im just confused on how to uninstall PTT.. I've opened the JL Cmder and cant find a command prompt screen.. i've used the command prompt screen in vista but nothing is working.. HELP.
    AT&T. 9000 Bold. Fresno, CA

bfdm_mexi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a27821

NM i got it .. whew... i had to put the javaloader.exe file in the folder under the name of the user... so easy .. thanx for the commands.
    AT&T. 9000 Bold. Fresno, CA