Hi, I have been having a problem with my 8300 and thought I'd post here ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

osmononame no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Problem with Blackberry 8300

Advertisement

Hi, I have been having a problem with my 8300 and thought I'd post here before i send it away for repair. The problem with it is that it will not turn on, when connected to the charger the red light will flash for 4 times, stop for a second or two and then flash again for 4 times over and over again. No matter what i do i can't get it to power on. When i connect it to the PC it shows up in Windows Device Manager but not in Blackberry Device Manager - It still flashes the 4 red lights over and over again.

Is there anything i can do to get it working again as i can't afford to wait a week or so for it to be repaired.

thanks,

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Problem with Blackberry 8300

you can try reinstalling the operating system -- you need to follow these steps exactly -
    How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

osmononame no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Problem with Blackberry 8300

Hi, yeah I've tried that and it's a not go, even without the battery the device isn't detected in Blackberry Desktop Manager (but is detected in Windows Device Manager). I've just tried javaloader and get the error: Unable to open port. Any other suggestions? Does anyone know what the 4 flashing lights represent - is it an error code maybe?

thanks,