I bought an 8800 off of ebay a few weeks ago. it has the perpetual ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

onavi no está en línea Stack level 1

problem with 8800

Advertisement

I bought an 8800 off of ebay a few weeks ago. it has the perpetual reboot issue. I am able to get it to connect to the computer and the apploader sees the bb with the pin number, and than it asks for the password with 10 trys. i type in random letters, hit next, nothing happens on the computer, the bb flashes once, than a short pause, and than it flashes four times, and this repeats over and over. i've tried the javaloader with no luck, can't connect to device or it says port is open. any ideas or is this a bb a brick?

thanks!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: problem with 8800

First, if Desktop Manager works, Javaloader should too. Try using JL_Cmder.

First, try using the resettofactory option (5) - this should remove any IT Policy requiring a password.

If that doesn't do it, use the wipe option (4). NOTE: This is NOT like the Security Wipe you can perform on the device - this will wipe the OS too! Once you've done that, download and install the OS for your device and AppLoader should be able to reload the OS.
    JerryD

JL Cmder doesn't work either. I've tried doing the wipe option with no luck.

When the computer sees the BB after I have stopped the reboot with Apploader, I get this:
    C:\>javaloader -u wipe
    RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
    Copyright 2001-2006 Research In Motion Limited
    Connecting to device...debug: COM error during Open: (0x8005000a)
    Error: unable to open port

Desktop manager is installed and seems to be working, from the connection settings it will see the BB when its in its reboot state, but will not connect to the BB. Once today, the desktop manager did ask for the password, but didn't repsond at all. Apploader sees the device, stops the reboot, BB displays nothing, led not flashing, but when I try to type in a password, the led flashes once, and than flashes four times, and repeats over and over.

Edit:

when I restart the computer and the BB is just cycling i get this from javaloader:
    C:\>javaloader -u wipe
    RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
    Copyright 2001-2006 Research In Motion Limited
    Connecting to device...Error: unable to open port
    Last edited by onavi; 01-08-2008 at 08:34 AM.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

If the device has a password, the command line is
    Code:
    JAVALOADER -u -wPASSWORD wipe
    That's also why I suggested JL_Cmder - it would handle that for you.

Also, are you running XP or Vista? Do you have Administrator level privledges (XP) or are you Running as Administrator (Vista)?
    JerryD

running xp pro on the laptop, xp home on the desktop, same result on both. haven't tried vista yet since my vista box has a dead hdd.