Help! 2 weeks ago, I talked a friend into getting a new 8830 from Verizon. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

dncrishon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Question Problem Synching

Advertisement

Help! 2 weeks ago, I talked a friend into getting a new 8830 from Verizon. We're now on phone number 3 because of problems we are having synching the device. The first phone she had was recognized by the computer through the USB the first time she sync'd it. Then it wouldn't recognize it at all. The device would show as charging on the screen, when hooked up through the USB, but the computer didn't recognize it. We attempted to see if my computer would recognize it, I have an 8320 and have never had a problem synching, and my computer would not recognize her phone. I then attempted to sync mine and had the same problem. I restarted my computer, pulled my battery and it was okay again. Another problem that was common to both computers, which are identical, is that when we would shut off the computer for a restart after the problems, it would stop half way through and give the 'blue screen of death' until we held the power button on the computer down to shut down. Both computers also have the latest DM software. She called verizon, got a new phone on the way. The second phone worked great for a week, then same problem again. Called verizon, new phone on the way. Third phone worked for 2 days, now same problem again.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Problem Synching

Have you run a virus scan? Is the BB on BES or BIS?

dncrishon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: Problem Synching

Virus scan has been run on both computers, with nothing found. Both are running BIS.