I have a 8830WE from Sprint and it needed to be replaced due to a ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

pstavs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CAA817

Problem restoring from backup

Advertisement

I have a 8830WE from Sprint and it needed to be replaced due to a trackball problem. I received the new unit from SPrint and went to restore from my backup. I was able to restore most applications but not all and some of my themes are missing. I had two themes that I purchased from Peter McDonald at BBxtras and those are missing. How can I restore my themes and is there a way to go through the copy of my data and see what applications I had previously loaded and to find my missing themes? Thanks in advance for your help.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Problem restoring from backup

Quote Originally Posted by pstavs View Post
    I have a 8830WE from Sprint and it needed to be replaced due to a trackball problem. I received the new unit from SPrint and went to restore from my backup. I was able to restore most applications but not all and some of my themes are missing. I had two themes that I purchased from Peter McDonald at BBxtras and those are missing. How can I restore my themes and is there a way to go through the copy of my data and see what applications I had previously loaded and to find my missing themes? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hi, pstavs. Any third party downloads or extras such as themes and ringtones will not back up and transfer. If it was a downloaded app or theme that you are missing you may have it stored in the application loader, in which case you would just run through the app loader and you would restore the missing app/theme. To view the database number of entries you can go to the back up and restore, select restore, select the back up file, when it says it will replace what is on the phone click cancel, select advanced, it will pull up the back up file on the left and the current device database on the right. Hope it helps.

pstavs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CAA817

Thanks very much for the response. I was unaware that everything was not being backed up. What things are missing from a backup and how could I go about backing up the entire device?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by pstavs View Post
    Thanks very much for the response. I was unaware that everything was not being backed up. What things are missing from a backup and how could I go about backing up the entire device?
    The back up and restore operation will not backup any software you download seperately. If you want that backed up you would need to download it to the PC and then keep a copy stored on the pc. Hope it helps.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Basically the Backup/Restore feature is a Data and Settings Backup only. It is a ghosting backup.

Rcbjr. For OTA installed apps, you usually have to re-install OTA. For Applications Loader installations you can usually just install again, unless the activation requires an update of the authorized PIN/IMEI.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles