I just installed 4.5 and thought it was supposed to have predictive text. I've looked ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Predictive Text in OS 4.5??

Advertisement

I just installed 4.5 and thought it was supposed to have predictive text. I've looked through options and settings and can't find it anywhere. It behaves exactly the way it did with 4.2. Is this not available on the 8820?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I've never seen this happen on any qwerty BB. The SureType is only on BB's without a full keyboard.

I know this has been true in the past but I thought that was changing with 4.5. It has never made sense to me why having a full keyboard would mean you don't need predictive text. For me, it's just such a time saver. I had it on my RAZR before I got my blackberry and loved it.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Well that's mostly because the RAZR didn't have a full keyboard. Some qwerty devices I've seen do have predictive text, like the Moto Q. I guess we get no love from RIM on this subject. Perhaps you can suggest this to them for an upcoming OS release. It could be as simple as a toggle on/off setting.

Yes! I think a toggle on/off would work great!! I would imagine that it would be pretty simple, but, then, I don't know anything about programming and product development!