Greetings folks I bought an almost new BB 8800 on ebay which works fine except ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Pre-owned Blackberry

Advertisement

Greetings folks
    I bought an almost new BB 8800 on ebay which works fine except when I tried to register on O2 email it says that this PIN has been registered before. I called O2 and did not get any joy out of the technical people. Any thoughts to enlighten me what to do will be appreciated.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Pre-owned Blackberry

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~see if you can get the persons username and password so u can remove it from their registration. Then you will be able to register under your own.

jembrey73 no está en línea Stack level 2

I had the same problem when I purchased my 8700c from Ebay. After trying to explain the problem forEVER to the first and second person I talked to, Cingy finally transferred me to the Black Berry department and they got rid of the old account and I was able to register.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah that would be another method. Whenever they transfer you to the blackberry department I would have them give you that number so you don't have to wait on the phone explaining to the customer care reps

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

You have met one of the problems of buying a used BB. You need to contact the seller and get them to cancel/delete their BIS account so you can use it to set up your BB. provision it with your carrier and set up BIS for email.

If the seller refuses, then you can go to their carrier to try to delete it. All else fails, escalate to RIM for them to fix. It is a much easier and less complicated process to have the seeler do it, especially if the account is not paid in full or heaven forbid, the device has been reported as lost or stolen.

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

I am grateful to all of you guys. The seller seemed very respectable academic and I have sent him an email and hoping for the best. Once again thank you.

bbCT no está en línea Stack level 2

wow, this makes me not want to go get a pre owned now, i asked sellers say just put in your SIM and youre set. an like person said above god forbid if its stolen etc

bbCT no está en línea Stack level 2

bump

so to get this straight because i never see sellers mention this in auctions, they always say just put your SIM card in and youre ready to go. (not talking about unlocked devices same service sims)

so first question to ask a seller would be did he/she cancel the old BIS account? correct. i dont even know if everyone seller their old bb even knows to do this.