Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by DrWoo The one thing you have to remember about the call center ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Possible Feb 12 release?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DrWoo
    The one thing you have to remember about the call center is that they are a 3rd party group. They are not Cingular employee's.
    That's completely irrelevant. They represent Cingular and support Cingular customers. It doesn't matter if they are internal, outsourced or in Timbuktu. If they aren't competent enough to provide needed support then Cingular needs to correct this matter. I do agree that their customers need to be better at complaining about poor customer service or they'll never bother to improve.

So, what my suggestion is, is to just goto the local store. Even dealers have the access to change almost everything.
    I highly recommend against this. Store reps are paid on comission. A quick look at the Cingular forum on HoFo will show you just how common it is for store reps to reprovision without authorization just to make a quick comission. Yes, they're not supposed to do this and you can call and get this corrected in some cases. However, in other cases people are losing grandfathered features and having an incredibly difficult time getting them back. Why risk the hassle? Yes, there are some excellent store reps out there but they're really the exception and not the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by bcuzi8paintchips
    Dunno Doc...Cingular's still pimping the blackjack pretty hard.
    True but BB's comprise a large chunk of Cingular's business. Companies with deployed BB's will likely stick with them. The Blackjack isn't going to make Cingular drop the Blackberry by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by wblovett
    Coverage, plus a superior plans at half the price, make moving to T-Mo one of the best spur of the moment decisions I've made in quite a while.
    Huh? What plans are half price? Are you referring to data plans? Last I checked $19 wasn't half of $29...

Not having 3g on this release I think is going to really hurt sales. If you look at it... what's the advantage of getting an 8800 over say a blackjack?
    Meh. We'll see. There's a lot of fuss over no 3G on the 8800 but very little mention of no 3G on the iPhone which is an odd discrpancy. Your "average consumer" doesn't even use smartphones so 3G is completely irrelevant for that market segment. Your geek users who are fixated on spec sheet figures will demand 3G but I don't think they're a major market segment. Again, businesses that have invested in Blackberry infrastructure will likely stay with it.

Besides, the lack of 3G doesn't invalidate all of the other strengths of the Blackberry. It is still the best push email solution out there. It is still one of the most reliable smartphones out there.

I say keep bringing on the "Blackberry killers". We've seen them all come and go over the years but they're good for pushing innovation.
    Last edited by takeshi; 02-01-2007 at 01:13 PM.

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279

Takeshi,

You say it's completly irrelevant, I think it is important for people to understand that the help desk is an out sourced company. That's why you get a different result when you call in. What else is important to know is all the companies are like this. I've worked for a couple different cell companies, and I can tell you that of all the companies, Cingular is one of the better help desk places.

As for the associates putting stuff on peoples plan just to make a quick comission... I don't even know how to respond to this with out being insulting to you sir. While this has happened in the past, those kinds of people no longer for the company, because well.. it's illegal. The vast majority of the associates out there are not like this. If something like that were to happen, it would cost them there job instantly. Oh, and just for the record, the call center people are also paid on comission for adding things on to your acct.

I've been in retail for 10 years now, and I can tell you from a first hand experience, that people DO look at things like 3G when it rolls out. Buying a phone that the average consumer is going to have to carry for nearly the next 2 years, is a big deal. I do agree that push is far better than what the blackjack offers, but as you pointed out, the average consumer doesn't know how the back-end works, and they don't care to know either. If both phones have the ability, then why chose the more expensive one? For people like you and me, the reason is simple. But the the average Joe, it's not always so simple

Dr. Woo

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Not having 3g on this release I think is going to really hurt sales. If you look at it... what's the advantage of getting an 8800 over say a blackjack? The Blackjack has the 3G.... 8800 none..... Sure, you're going to have the die hard blackberry people like those on this forum. But, for your average consumer, there's really no benifit to getting an 8800.....

Dr. Woo
    Very Well Said, I concur.

DrWoo,

Thanks for the suggestion to stop calling Cingular to resolve issues.

I followed your tip & went into their store.

They resolved everything to my satisfaction, then issued a large credit to me to compensate for their ongoing errors.

Thank you for your expert guidance.

Cheers

~via BB 7130c (wap.pinstack.com)~

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

My company uses BB8700 with Cingular. Every Account Executive that is assigned one complain all the time about poor reception. We are in Houston and they say it is horrible!!!!!!!!! Customers get pissed for dropped call syndrome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by moses2628
    My company uses BB8700 with Cingular. Every Account Executive that is assigned one complain all the time about poor reception. We are in Houston and they say it is horrible!!!!!!!!! Customers get pissed for dropped call syndrome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tmo has great coverage here in Houston maybe you can convince your job in doing that

PIN/ID
    23D11279

Ok.... This thread has been Hijacked 2 times now.....

Back on topic

Will we be seeing these on 2/12/07?

Dr. Woo

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

.....and if so, on what carriers?

VZX PLEASE!!! I'll buy it the first day it's out

PIN/ID
    23D11279

I would think that Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular, Alltell... They wont see them for a while.

Starting to think maybe no one is going to have exclusive on this launch

Dr. Woo

Funny - I just heard something regarding this possible lack of exclusives this morning. Hmmmm

~via BB 7130c (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23D11279

That is truly interesting......... =)

Dr. Woo

I just got back from a Verizon store and they had not a single clue about any new Bbrry. I took this as a positive and it probably means it'll be out next week.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Paperboy2007
    I just got back from a Verizon store and they had not a single clue about any new Bbrry. I took this as a positive and it probably means it'll be out next week.
    lmao, but if you check out BBCool they had a thread saying that there will be a new release on Verizion, i'll try and find the link?

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

^ ok here's the link, just scroll down, its the second story

http://www.blackberrycool.com/page/2/

Yeah, the Q2 part is not too good though as I wanted to get my hands on this within the next 4 weeks...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast